Knox County Fire Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4HPV

Hello,
I am looking for the pager tones for Karns Fire Dept. I just recently got my scanner and would like to program the tones into it so I have the fire page feature.
Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Check the wiki, thats where most data on the tones in use for paging is located.:)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
LOL iether that or the famous Monty Python version? Kaniggits in Kanoxville maybe?

jfhtm350

Hehe. Kanoxville means Knoxville, but the K isn't silent.

Is there a program or something that decodes the tones? I am kind of curious about this myself. I could get out my harmonica and try to duplicate what I hear but then you would end up with a piece of sheet music.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
YES! Two-Tone Detect (decode?) check in the software forums, and the wiki for links to dl etc. In fact, there now is a software for ALMOST everything radio related... Its kinda like... Yes, there is an APP for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Oh yes the patience is the hard part. I remember when I got my first PRO-92B and was rip roaring to start confirming Tones, and all that for the entire SW/SC MS area. Then we had a long period where not much was happening for the VFD's, EOC's, and a couple of the EMS/Ambulance agencies I wanted to nail down. I was actually jumping for joy for a while when calls happened lol. At least MHP, and the other LEA's were easy since they always had something happening, even if it was just an hourly check in. If the FD's didn't get a busy time, I had to wait for the weekly radio/pager tests to nab em. So be patient, it will pay off.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Fire_Tone_Out

Last edited by a moderator:

jaaredmond

Karns pager tones....

District 1 = 553.9 / 651.9 (1 sec, 3 sec)

District 2 = 767.4 / 651.9 (1 sec, 3 sec)

Fire All Call = 651.9 (6 sec)

Status
Not open for further replies.