Bristol, TN Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

wideone

Premium Subscriber
It seems as though the department traffic has disappeared over night. I am wondering if they have switched to a new system.

jfhtm350

You've been a member for 4 years and this is your first post. Hehe. Maybe they have changed PL codes, if you have it programmed in, set it for search and see if you get a hit. What system or frequency were you listening to them on? Looks like the info from the database says the conventional frequencies are backups to the TRS system. I have no idea what that is but its possible it means the TVRTS/TACN system Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN) Trunking System, Varies, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies so they could be there.

wideone

Premium Subscriber
From the link you posted I suppose they did change. I'll try the Sullivan county and Bluff city listings when I get home today on my 197. It still had occasional traffic from Sullivan county, but the 163 is dark now.

Thanks!

Randy

wideone

Premium Subscriber
OK, please bear with me here. For several years I loaded only the Sullivan county Motorola trunk system into my pro 2052(manually) ,163, and 197(software). Everything on the Motorola system is still there except for Bristol police fire etc..

Loading the Project 25 gives me non of the stations on the Motorola system including Bristol. Would just some of the frequencies in this group have been rebanded instead of going digital? I know I am missing something here.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
OK, please bear with me here. For several years I loaded only the Sullivan county Motorola trunk system into my pro 2052(manually) ,163, and 197(software). Everything on the Motorola system is still there except for Bristol police fire etc..

Loading the Project 25 gives me non of the stations on the Motorola system including Bristol. Would just some of the frequencies in this group have been rebanded instead of going digital? I know I am missing something here.

Sullivan County and Bristol PD are still on their Motorola trunked system. They have not switched over yet to the TACN (P25 system) that I am aware of and if they had switched over, I'm sure someone here would have noticed that.
There is a possibility that the control channel changed and if that's the case you will just have to figure that out. I personally have not been up that way in a while, but the last time I was there (about a month ago) everything was still working fine.

So, you are picking up any other talk groups on the system, such as Sullivan Co. Sheriff, Fire or EMS or Kingsport? If you are picking them up, then it could be they changed talk groups or your programming may be messed up. If you can't hear any of the other TG then it could be a control channel change.

If it had been rebanded, then you wouldn't hear any of the other talk groups, just as if the control channel changed.

Just a couple of thoughts.

wideone

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Whatever happened, happened Saturday night, 10/5.

Yes, I can still get some Sullivan county on my 197 and THP with no problem. No Bristol Regional Medical center, no police no fire.

I don't get any of the Motorola system on either of the 163's. I have re uploaded from the database on one of them.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I can't access deep FCC data due to Fed shutdown, but we list it as rebanded, and the fcc link we do have shows rebanded. As far as any other new changes, no idea yet, but if someone could run UT or T-88 etc on it, it may give us a clue. TY In advance

There should also be a new license for the system appearing within a year as at least half of the current ones expire 2014/2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.