Can Anyone I.D.This P.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lls207

Premium Subscriber
I live in Old Hickory, TN.
I am picking up a police department on a HT 1000 I bought on eBay.
The car numbers are in the 400 to 500's and 101, 203,207,212. Also have a car 1.
I am guessing the frequency is somewhere around 460.xxxx.
Anyone know who this is?

Also used 10-8 and signal 4.
Did hear one street I think he said Everbriar Ave.
Did here one car taking a W/M to booking. So I am sure they aren't public works :)

I have the software, cable and RIB. But only a laptop. Without a tower of some kind I have nothing to plug into. Unless someone knows another way

Thanks

Just had a burglary report on Greenvalley blvd.

Last edited:

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
Something I do when buying radios from eBay, is to look at where it was shipped from, what state and/or city, could give you an idea of what freq. is in it. Then a cross reference to local freq. from the data base.... I personally like to guess before I read whats in the radio. Its more fun that way

KD4YGG

Database Admin
There's this interesting piece of technology called a USB-to-serial converter...

NN7P

Josh
With a 30 second Google search...

SEEMS to be Franklin, TN.

It's close to you.
The 460Mhz frequency is correct.
Greenvalley Blvd. is in Franklin.
There is a Everbright Ave. in Franklin

lls207

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply everybody.
About the USB to serial, I read on Batlabs that it causes problems in the software, so I have been worried I would turn my Motorola's to bricks, which would really be expensive.

LLS207
Old Hickory

lls207

Premium Subscriber
Something I do when buying radios from eBay, is to look at where it was shipped from, what state and/or city, could give you an idea of what freq. is in it. Then a cross reference to local freq. from the data base.... I personally like to guess before I read whats in the radio. Its more fun that way
That's is so obvious, but did not think of it.
But your right...with a little detective work listen to the calls....and eventually you can figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

LLS207
Old Hickory, Tn.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
I live in Old Hickory, TN.
I am picking up a police department on a HT 1000 I bought on eBay.
The car numbers are in the 400 to 500's and 101, 203,207,212. Also have a car 1.
I am guessing the frequency is somewhere around 460.xxxx.
Anyone know who this is?

Also used 10-8 and signal 4.
Did hear one street I think he said Everbriar Ave.
Did here one car taking a W/M to booking. So I am sure they aren't public works :)

I have the software, cable and RIB. But only a laptop. Without a tower of some kind I have nothing to plug into. Unless someone knows another way

Thanks

Just had a burglary report on Greenvalley blvd.

Just curious did you hear any kind of indentifiers at the end of their radio transmissions like DTMF (sounds like numbers dialing) or MDC 1200 (sounds like a squak of data)

lls207

Premium Subscriber
Wednesday
11 pm

Definitely DTMF.
If I decided to buy a USB to serial cable I will plug up the radio and have all the Information there.
Do you have an opinion on those cables causing Motorola radios problems of any kind?
I just moved here from Portland, Oregon. They use MTS2000 FlashPort there.
I still have three of those still programmed for Portland. But until I either invest in a tower or try out the USB to serial the MTS2000 remained packed. There 800mhz and i did not think there were many PD of FD using that freq.

LLS207

n4yek

With a 30 second Google search...

SEEMS to be Franklin, TN.

It's close to you.
The 460Mhz frequency is correct.
Greenvalley Blvd. is in Franklin.
There is a Everbright Ave. in Franklin

According to the database, Franklin Tn is using a P25 system:
Franklin Public Safety Trunking System, Franklin, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
Unless they were using one of the interop talkgroups to comunicate to the conventionl freqs for Williamson County:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2521
you might need to look more into this.

Last edited:

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing DTMF and the street names you listed I'm 99 percent sure it's Williamson county sheriffs office 460.500 136.5 I live in sumner county about 15 minutes from Nashville and my sheriff office uses DTMF on 460.300 136.5 I was gonna say you could be hearing them but with the street names provided it's matching up to Williamson county S.O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Another clue would be where you got the radio. Where it was shipped from etc.... (Also cross your fingers and pray it isn't a stolen rig from WCSO...:) )

lls207

Premium Subscriber
Another clue would be where you got the radio. Where it was shipped from etc.... (Also cross your fingers and pray it isn't a stolen rig from WCSO...:) )
No way, I always get the radios numbers. I have a friend from Portland, Or. Who runs the radio through NCIC. The Feds database may not have all stolen Motorola, even though it should.
Eventually they will put a one time programmable number on the radios. That should fix altering the serial.
At this time the XTS series are coming stolen. .There are THOUSANDS of these radios overseas being used by the military. many of them are finding their way home as it doesn't take a brain surgeon to get on ebay and find out that they are worth $400-$1200 depending on the model.
But my HT1000 is very old in the Motorola World

lls207

Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing DTMF and the street names you listed I'm 99 percent sure it's Williamson county sheriffs office 460.500 136.5 I live in sumner county about 15 minutes from Nashville and my sheriff office uses DTMF on 460.300 136.5 I was gonna say you could be hearing them but with the street names provided it's matching up to Williamson county S.O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Thursday
8:27pm

I believe you are right. Just heard Page High School mentioned. That is Franklin, Tn.
WCSO. You were right. Thanks.
Anyone have a site for their radio codes?
LLS207
Old Hickory, TN.

bama9999

I don't know about being a dollar short, but you're definitely a day late, Milf. lol :D

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Some days, I am a week late, but hey, thats what happens when your fingers are typing every thought and you hit enter and go to another website for something... Then your brain goes "Didn't I just repeat what so n so just siad with an added thought?"...:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.