RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum

Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Tennessee.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 1:53 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Chattanooga SmartZone

Chattanooga/Hamilton County Public Safety Trunking System, Chattanooga, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Curious why this is marked deprecated. Very much still in use.
Old 10-26-2013, 2:38 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

How so when ALL agencies are now on the P-25 TACN? The analog system per news item...As of today, 7/31/04, all users in Hamilton County and it's municipalities have switched to the P-25 system. Radio shop is taking down the old SmartNet system. All the talkgroups for public safety, public works and general government are now on the P-25 system, and no longer on the old system. In addition, all 20 system frequencies from the SmartNet system are on the P-25 system. Moreover, while the new system is a digital/analog modes, all users are using analog transmissions. The only exception so far is the radio shops' 32784 digital group. The shop is still using their analong 17840, 17872 with Motorola techs, but this will change in the future. The old analog system was turned pure P-25, merged with TVRTRS, which merged into the TACN as its main backbone.
Support your local Scanologists!

Last edited by milf; 10-26-2013 at 2:44 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 3:13 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

SmartX Site Converter.

I'm not sure who your source is, but they're not someone who's actually involved in the day to day operations of the TVRCS. I do find it amusing to read the posts on here to find out what I'm doing at work and from whom I'll be receiving my paycheck.
Old 10-26-2013, 4:33 PM

The Chattanooga SmartZone system needs to be returned to the database ASAP. the system is very alive and active with public safety ang general government users with analog radios. MILF you have embarrassed yourself too many times professing your total lack of knowledge with several issues involving TN public safety communications.
Old 10-26-2013, 4:53 PM

The system has been restored to active status.
Sponsored links