RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum

Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Tennessee.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 12:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question Thompson-Boling Arena, UT Knoxville

Can any one advise if the information in the RR database, that campus operations are on the Knoxville/Knox Co. Public Safety net and the talkgroups shown for the University of Tennessee are correct? In particular are these used at the Thompson-Boling Arena?
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2014, 12:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

UT Police and The KAT UT transportation are correct. General campus operations are not currently on the KC Public Safety system.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkm1215 View Post
UT Police and The KAT UT transportation are correct. General campus operations are not currently on the KC Public Safety system.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
So, if I program the Knoxville/Knox Co., system, which it looks like is an 800 analog system and with University of Tennessee talkgroups, would these be the ones used at the Thompson-Boling Arena? I also saw in the database some UHF frequencies for UT that were shown to be in the "DMR" mode, which I assume would be Mototrbo. Can you advise?
Old 06-26-2014, 5:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The talk groups on the Knox County system are used for UTPD, bus service, and Neyland stadium maintenance. UTPD would use the special events channel during events at Thompson Boling but a lot of times if KPD or KCSO is helping with the event there will be one Metro talk group used for interoperability, and each agency will use their own event talk group. As far as the UHF frequencies they are either Mototrbo or NXDN and those are used by the workers at the events and for the general campus operations. I haven't programmed them in to listen since they are DMR but that is my understanding that is what they are used for. I will tell you this that the bus talk groups are very active during events and sometimes that is all you hear. I usually have those locked out so I can hear the other talkgroups. When I attend events at UT I usually find which event talkgroups are being used and basically monitor those. Sometimes if EMS or KFD are working an recent you can hear traffic on one of the KFD talkgroups or a Med channel other than the main dispatch. Hope this helps.

Last edited by davewhall29; 06-26-2014 at 5:32 PM..
Old 06-26-2014, 8:36 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

The UHF is MotoTRBO, NXDN is not DMR just to clarify. (DMR uses TDMA {*not to be confused with P25 Phase II TDMA*} standards.)
Support your local Scanologists!
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2014, 8:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks milf for the clarification. I've seen people on here mention DMR when talking about both TRBO & NXDN.
Old 06-26-2014, 9:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewhall29 View Post
The talk groups on the Knox County system are used for UTPD, bus service, and Neyland stadium maintenance. UTPD would use the special events channel during events at Thompson Boling but a lot of times if KPD or KCSO is helping with the event there will be one Metro talk group used for interoperability, and each agency will use their own event talk group. As far as the UHF frequencies they are either Mototrbo or NXDN and those are used by the workers at the events and for the general campus operations. I haven't programmed them in to listen since they are DMR but that is my understanding that is what they are used for. I will tell you this that the bus talk groups are very active during events and sometimes that is all you hear. I usually have those locked out so I can hear the other talkgroups. When I attend events at UT I usually find which event talkgroups are being used and basically monitor those. Sometimes if EMS or KFD are working an recent you can hear traffic on one of the KFD talkgroups or a Med channel other than the main dispatch. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much for this detailed information!
Old 06-26-2014, 9:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You're welcome.
Old 07-12-2014, 8:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

a little late to the party, but I sometimes hear medics using the UTNMA and 8TNMA interop channels during games.

Old 07-13-2014, 5:14 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Where are the 800 Interop freqs? They are not listed in the Tennessee common/shared freq listing:
Common/Shared Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Found the nationwide listing but nothing on 8TMNA
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742
A blood donor saved my life (Matthew 26:28).....Remember, Jesus loves you.
If 'con' is opposite of 'pro', is Congress the opposite of progress?

Last edited by n4yek; 07-13-2014 at 5:18 PM..
Old 07-13-2014, 7:47 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

The Nationwide 800 freqs were all removed from state listings unless they use differring tones than the standard nationwide listings. If there are any 800 that are different from the national set, please do send in submissions with the FCC callsign and tone in use. Or if the freqs are different please do submit them .... This is not my personal call guys, this is an database wide thing. Any nationwide 8Call/8Tacs in the state listing will be removed by the state level, or systemwide admins when they are found unless they specifically have a different set of tones etc...
Old 07-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerrollin View Post
a little late to the party, but I sometimes hear medics using the UTNMA and 8TNMA interop channels during games.
VTNMA - 154.7550 100.0PL, Repeaters in Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Knox, Sullivan, Unicoi, Washington and other counties.
UTNMA - 460.4000 127.3PL, Repeaters in Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Sevier and other counties.

I hear a peep out of these maybe once a week. They usually do a radio check about once a week. I dont know if they are broadcast on all repeaters statewide or just selective.

What frequency is 8TNMA? I have never ran across this frequency but I assume its about as dead as the others.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

TN has a set of Mutual Aid freqs for LEA interop formerly called officially the LETS, as well as an set for MED, and Fire/EMA. Thats direct from TN DPS/HS FCC filings. There are VHF Low, VHF High, UHF, and 800 MHz. Many of these are Nationwide Interop found in the NIFOG, with the preferred tones etc... The LETS included the VTNMA, the NLEEC, the UTNMA. Also in the VHF line up were the fire triplet (154.2650, 154.2800, 154.2950), the famed HEAR pair (155.3400, 155.2800), and a couple of multi use originally nationwide intercity LEA (155.3700, for example). UHF included the 10 MED's also. 800 were the nationwide ones. Not sure if TN ever set aside an separate 800 for its own set up or not.. Never remember seeing it. TN also has an set of 700 but I don't know what the official line up for them is or if they are officially implemented. The TEMA 800 net is now licensed for P25, as is a couple of conventional for THP. All of the State of TN VHF High, UHF, and 700/800 licenses are modified to have P25 emissions ability. VTNMA, UTNMA, and the 8CALL/8TAC's are licensed in every county statewide, but only listed in individual counties where they are slightly different usage than the usual, or differ in tonage for them, or are used for other than just mutual aid.

And I just found the TN 800 LETS.... 854.1875... Anyone can supply tone.. I will add it.

Oh, and if my memory serves me.. Law Enforcement Tactical Statewide is what LETS means I beleive.

Last edited by milf; 07-14-2014 at 12:34 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 12:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have 8TNMA2 854.1875 CT 156.7

Let me look through my files on my laptop when I get home & see what else I've got as far as other MA channels & get it updated. I ran across some files the other day that had some LETS info.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:29 AM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

TY for tone!

And if that is 8TNMA 2.. hope you have the 8TNMA 1 too lol.

Last edited by milf; 07-14-2014 at 12:37 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2014, 12:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You're welcome.
Old 07-14-2014, 8:20 AM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

From old paperwork: "The LETS incentive is part of the Governor's lets get Tennessee talking project." This very program is actually what was the birth of the old TVRTRS, which now is the TACN project. It was developed after 9/11, and the many USDHS pleas, plans, studies, and finally mandates for nationwide interoperability Each TNDPS/HS district (same as the THP ones) was assigned originally 5 freqs, then narrowed to the 3 which now are known as the TNMA's. We the admins are studying ways to clean up the DB and not make it so repetitive with data. This is what started us moving all the nationwide stuff off state level, county level, and municipal level pages. I still have to get the State Common done, its one of few I missed. I will be moving all the nationwide commons off that page asap. We are trying to also come up with an notification system on the DB pages so users can know easily where to go to find all that datum. I will leave the TNMA's, and specific to TN freqs and info there, but will remove all the other things, such as the nationwide VHF/UHF fed/local interop, VCALL/VTAC's, UCALL/UTAC's, VLAW's, VFIRE's 8CALL/8TAC's that are just exact duplicates of the nationwide db info. I will take a look at the 700 MHz stuff, and if its TN unique it will remain, but if it is part of the standard nationwide, it goes too.
Old 07-18-2014, 2:24 PM

There is one 8TNMA Freq and 11 PLs, just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 8:11 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Anyone with all 11 tones please do submit them. TY
Old 07-18-2014, 9:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have complete list. The rx tone is all the same at 156.7 but there are different tx tones...some dpl & some ct. Do you want me to submit all since it's only the tx tones that are different? I have a copy of all the let's talk plan

Last edited by davewhall29; 07-18-2014 at 9:56 PM..