Moore Co., TN - Gone Mototrbo/DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if Moore Co. Sheriff's dispatch (460.300 mhz) has gone to Mototrbo (DMR)?

WayneThomas

Moore County Turbo

They went Turbo about a month ago, much to the dislike of the sheriff. He says the decision was made by someone other than him. They still use the fire frequency for some traffic, but there is also alot of Jack Daniel type stuff like water flow in the barrel house and stuff. But according to the sheriff they are gone.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
They went Turbo about a month ago, much to the dislike of the sheriff. He says the decision was made by someone other than him. They still use the fire frequency for some traffic, but there is also alot of Jack Daniel type stuff like water flow in the barrel house and stuff. But according to the sheriff they are gone.

Thanks, Wayne. I hope none of the surrounding counties decide to go to this digital format as it appears there are no scanners available at this time that will decode MotoTrbo.

KK4ELO

Jim, you could try a double and dmrdecode to get the color code, timeslot and group numbers and monitor that way. I just looked into getting a vertex evx-534. $294 at Gemini Com in Murfreesboro. Software is free from vertex with online account with updates if your looking for a way to monitor. I decided on this over the connect systems cs-700.

Sent from my LG G3 4GLTE

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Jim, you could try a double and dmrdecode to get the color code, timeslot and group numbers and monitor that way. I just looked into getting a vertex evx-534. $294 at Gemini Com in Murfreesboro. Software is free from vertex with online account with updates if your looking for a way to monitor. I decided on this over the connect systems cs-700.

Sent from my LG G3 4GLTE

I rarely monitored Moore Co. but had the frequency in my scanner just in case I was in that area. Thanks for the information above, I will keep it in mind just in case one of the counties I do listen to also decide to go the MotoTrbo route!

vans113

Premium Subscriber
I rarely monitored Moore Co. but had the frequency in my scanner just in case I was in that area. Thanks for the information above, I will keep it in mind just in case one of the counties I do listen to also decide to go the MotoTrbo route!

You may hear other weird noises also such as nxdn which is nexedge. that and trbo are the big two which will sound "weird" unless encryption is turned on then its another weird noise lol

Status
Not open for further replies.