169.775R In Knoxville Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

Does anyone have any idea who's using 169.775R NAC 167?

Mike

Hey Mike! I looked online at FCC.gov/uls and search for the frequency 169.775 MHz. All that I found did not indicate anything in Tennessee. I attached a screen shot.

Can you give me any information on the type of communications that are being broadcasted?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.54.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.54.30 AM.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 505

ecps92

Well to try and deceipher it

$167 does generally point toward the FBI
(Generally as there have been other agencies who have used $167 in the past and it has turned out to NOT be FBI after monitoring)

169.7750 has traditionally been a DoA related, mostly Western USA
the Few Eastern US users have turned out to be NPS

Any RID ??? info ??

Does anyone have any idea who's using 169.775R NAC 167?

Mike

N2AL

Well to try and deceipher it

$167 does generally point toward the FBI

(Generally as there have been other agencies who have used $167 in the past and it has turned out to NOT be FBI after monitoring)

169.7750 has traditionally been a DoA related, mostly Western USA

the Few Eastern US users have turned out to be NPS

Any RID ??? info ??

I would say with near certainty that any communications used by the FBI would be encrypted. I cannot believe they would use clear channels to communicate information that may compromise an investigation.

I could see the NPS using this frequency. I heard that the NPS is supposed to be converting their communications to a new system. If this is true it may be a NPS frequency, possibly on the new system they are building.

Those are my two cents gentlemen. Enjoy the weekend!

ecps92

As for the ENC Debate, YMMV depending on location, events, assignmment/mission.
It is NOT all ENC, everywhere.

As for NPS moving, Not generally, just re-aligning frequency usage
Most federal agencies are moving to the NTIA freq standard where the higher Freqs will be the output (169.5125 - 173.9875) and the lower as inputs (162.0500 - 166.4875)
Federal VHF/UHF Channel Plans - The RadioReference Wiki

I would say with near certainty that any communications used by the FBI would be encrypted. I cannot believe they would use clear channels to communicate information that may compromise an investigation.

I could see the NPS using this frequency. I heard that the NPS is supposed to be converting their communications to a new system. If this is true it may be a NPS frequency, possibly on the new system they are building.

Those are my two cents gentlemen. Enjoy the weekend!

jfhtm350

167.36250 167 NAC FBI
170.66250 167 NAC FBI
Here are two more that I know are used. Mostly encrypted. I thought they were in the database but now I can't find them.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Comm's are usually with 900 units, security/police related. I was going to post the query in the Fed Monitoring section, but this is area specific so I thought I would give it a shot here first.

MIke

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Would Dispatch be 500? Would locations happen to sound like the GSMNP or BRP? Or perhaps the USFS Rangers?

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
MILF, I'm not sure, but I will try to keep a better ear on the transmissions. I did a quick search of GSMNP and that was a bust.

Mike

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I may have found your answers... See the TACN thread for new VHF License and yes, looking like former FED bands are now moving into regular licenses.

nd5y

looking like former FED bands are now moving into regular licenses.
This only happens in certain cases like statewide trunked systems where the federal government is an end user.

In order to apply for federal frequencies a non-federal licensee must be sponsored by a federal agency and receive approval and frequency coordination from IRAC which is submitted to the FCC. Here is an article about it:
http://psc.apcointl.org/2015/11/30/...lic-safety-system-implementation-environment/

Check the attachments on FCC license applications. Some have documents like this:
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=19964550&attachmentInd=applAttach

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Would Dispatch be 500? Would locations happen to sound like the GSMNP or BRP? Or perhaps the USFS Rangers?

MILF - today I heard dispatch "500" - so who does this make it on this unpublished freq?

Mike

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
500 is standard federal parks police callsign for dispatch. So could be any of the nps. Blue ridge parkway, gem etc.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
That frequency is used near Memphis for TVA Police or Security. It is simulcast across a multi-state area. The dispatcher is located in Knoxville . They are using 303 for the NAC in Memphis.

I also thought this could perhaps be whatever replaced TVA Police.

However, TVA *PS&EM bases are:

200 - Knoxville
300 - Chattanooga

No 500 as far as I know. (500 was used by the Muscle Shoals Com Center up until about six years ago.)

As RadioCopFFFR said, linked valley wide as needs arise.

* PS&EM = Physical Security & Emergency Management (I think that's the official moniker for that organization. TVA Police still exist as investigative/inspector organization; no patrol.)

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I'm also hearing 300 as a Base Station. It sounds as if most patrol units are 400's and 900's.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.