Tipton County DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

clementrw

Premium Subscriber
Call me wishful, desperate, whatever, but I have made it a goal of mine to learn as much as I can about Tipton County's Mototrbo Trunked system. Some things I have learned so far:

- the UHF frequencies for the Sheriff and EMA are in use by the system. I suspect there will be no analog traffic, and probably trucked only.

- All traffic so far is encrypted. The sound reminds me of frequency inversion.

- I have found Talk groups 200 and 230. Of course, I couldn't make out the traffic, but the pattern of conversation on a Sunday evening makes me believe it's law enforcement.

That's all for now. I will post more here as I learn more.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
There have been several local Tipton County members here that have discussed that system.
#1 It is a multi site TRBO system
#2 It is Police and Sheriff Office both.
#3 It is Fulltime Encryption
#4 I have not seen the radios but it is a Motorola or Tait system
#5 It is already logged here in the Radio Reference Database

AE6QE

All,

Thanks for the feed back. I have seen the frequencies in the DB, without talk group data. I am a trust-but-verify kind of guy, so I thought I'd run the frequencies through my scanners and see what came of it. Regardless of the encryption, and whether I can understand what they are saying, I like to see how various systems work. This is also my introductory jaunt into DMR and TRBO.

So with that, I heard 204 and 205 this morning. At least once, 204 seemed to simulcast with 154.19, so I would assume FD. 205 came alive after the FD dispatch, and may also be Fire.

I thought others would be interested...my apologies.

RadioCopFFFR

Here is what I discovered before the threw the encryption switch about a year ago.

200 Sheriff's ch.1
201 Sheriff's ch.2 This one was always encrypted if my memory serves me right.
204 Fire Dispatch
205 EMS Dispatch
30 Tri Cities, (Atoka, Munford, Mason, Brighton PDs)
101 Public works

Status
Not open for further replies.