MISSING In Fannin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I had the pleasure of working this incident yesterday, My knee's are still on Strike today. I was in the IC for some of it and in the field as Radio Liason for the K-9 Search teams.

Courtsey KXII-TV Sherman Ch-12 KXII Homepage

Volunteers searched far and wide today for a Fannin County man missing for almost two weeks. They covered over two-thirds of Fannin County from 7:00 am 7:00 pm in what officials are calling the largest search the county has ever seen.

About 200 people scoured Fannin County today on foot, using horses, four wheelers and rescue canines in search of 48-year-old Jack Randal Morris.

"Basically we're combing back over the area, we have more resources now to go back over the area to really get after it with canines and horseback and really go over the area with a fine tooth comb and try to find this missing person,” said Dodd City Fire Chief Brenton Horton.

Morris was reported missing on August 14, his vehicle was found off FM 271 and FM 1550 in Cotton center. He was nowhere to be found.

"For somebody to come up missing I mean four miles from his home that's I mean, horrible it's an atrocity,” said Lisa Pinkston.

The volunteers for today’s ground search were people from the community, volunteer fire departments, the Fannin community emergency response team and trail rider groups, along with friends of Morris.

And the volunteers said it was all to help Morris’ loved ones.

"Especially for the family, it's really for the family to see that people take time off to volunteer and come out to help find their missing loved one,” said Horton.

"I just want to help my community the best I can,” said Pinkston.
Lisa Pinkston is a friend of Jack Morris and she says she can’t believe something like this could happen to him.
"I don't understand, I don't understand... he is a very good guy, very good guy, a joker, he was a funny guy,” said Pinkston.

Officials say they’ll continue the search and checking his bank accounts and phone records. They’ll also keep interviewing friends and family of Morris in hopes of finding him.

"Hadn't got a clue, just hope to find this guy safe and sound is what I'm hoping for,” said Horton.

Unfortunately they did not find Jack Morris today during the ground search.

If you have any information, contact investigator Wayne Walker at the Fannin County Sheriff’s office by calling 903-583-2143 ext. 121.

Watch the Video: Ground search for missing man

Status
Not open for further replies.