College Station - Active Shooter w/ officers shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_T

WFAA-TV
JUST IN: A source with the Brazos County Constable tells News 8 a law enforcement officer has died in the College Station shooting. The source also said officers were serving an eviction notice when shots were fired.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
WFAA-TV
JUST IN: A source with the Brazos County Constable tells News 8 a law enforcement officer has died in the College Station shooting. The source also said officers were serving an eviction notice when shots were fired.

According to what I've heard so far, here's what happened:
The CSPD officer arrived to serve the notice. The resident then opened fire on him with some sort of automatic weapon. The CSPD officer requested backup, and a nearby constable pulled up. He was also shot. Somewhere in the middle of this, five other people were also shot.

Most of the radio traffic has moved to CSPD SWAT 1 and CSPD CID, both of which, unfortunately, are encrypted. CSPD TAC 1 has been designated as the "primary" channel for the incident. The Mobile Operations Command unit is on scene and is operating off this channel. A CSFD Rehab unit is also on scene, and is using CSFD TAC 2.

This just in: 3 are confirmed dead. They are Precinct 1 Constable Brian Bachmann, a civilian, and the suspect.

Another update: Just heard that another CSPD officer is requesting to go to the hospital for cuts and abrasions. He will be the fourth officer injured during the incident, along with one who was shot in the leg, and two others who received "non-life-threatening" injuries.

Last edited:

NC5267

Prayers go out to the loved ones of the officer and civilian...Were the SWAT and CID Talkgroups encrypted or just the Phase II TDMA used on the system on some talkgroups...Was up there a few months ago and heard some CID guys talking in the clear.

county

Premium Subscriber
There used to be a Brazos County Law Enforcement feed . . was hoping to pull archive audio, but I noticed the feed is now gone. Anyone have info on that?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Prayers go out to the loved ones of the officer and civilian...Were the SWAT and CID Talkgroups encrypted or just the Phase II TDMA used on the system on some talkgroups...Was up there a few months ago and heard some CID guys talking in the clear.

No, SWAT and CID are encrypted.

On the subject of the Constable, he apparently was hit so fast that he never had a chance to get on the radio. The only way CSPD was notified of the incident was when a witness called 911.

Last edited:

county

Premium Subscriber
But the initial call would have been aired on PD Primary, not encrypted, yes? Still wondering what happened to the law enforcement audio feed . . I haven't looked at the feed in months, but remember there used to be a "Brazos Valley Law Enforcement" one.

Appreciate it!

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
But the initial call would have been aired on PD Primary, not encrypted, yes?
Appreciate it!

Yes, it was on the unencrypted PD Primary. Things were moved to the unencrypted TAC 1 to make room for everything else that was going on. As for the feed, the last time I checked it was fine, although I think it might have gone down because of the high number of people who were listening (i.e., it got overloaded). That happened once with the Houston Fire feed during a massive, 4-alarm high-rise fire.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
TAC 1 and the Command Post are still active today. CID seems to have gone quiet. I'm not exactly sure what they are doing today, although they have called in the ATF and Texas Rangers. I just heard now that they plan to keep the crime scene perimeter up through tomorrow.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Today's The Eagle reports that an unidentified civilian also returned gunfire. Can't believe the other deaths were one and two blocks away, shown on the map.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Today's The Eagle reports that an unidentified civilian also returned gunfire. Can't believe the other deaths were one and two blocks away, shown on the map.

Yeah. I also heard about that. Keep in mind that the gunman was using a rifle and not a pistol. After all, with him firing 64 rounds, it's likely that at least a few of them made it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.