FPS and DEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

baj6974

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
FPS FREQ. 410.8 here in the Dallas area is busy this morning (digital mode) calling for Denver (which is a code name for someone) but don't know who - something mentioned about leaving the Marshals office , I take it that these are contract guards for govt bldg's?

DEA CH1 is in the clear, analog...sorry I can't remember the freq. right off hand, but busy running tags and surv. in S Dallas @ a Mc Donalds @ 11:30

ecps92

Denver - aka Bob Denver, you remember Gilligan, ole' Buddy.

Actually it's Denver Colorado.

FPS has Regional Dispatch Centers [MegaCenters] that handle much of the after hours dispatching and weekends.

Nope, most of them are full time, sworn Federal Police Officers

This forum might help more

FPS FREQ. 410.8 here in the Dallas area is busy this morning (digital mode) calling for Denver (which is a code name for someone) but don't know who - something mentioned about leaving the Marshals office , I take it that these are contract guards for govt bldg's?

DEA CH1 is in the clear, analog...sorry I can't remember the freq. right off hand, but busy running tags and surv. in S Dallas @ a Mc Donalds @ 11:30

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
baj,
Thanks! I plugged this frequency in for some San Antonio FPS listening. I can confirm that it is being used here as well, NAC 201. Just heard a smidgeon of chat earlier on my lunch break, so I'll listen for a roll call also. I'll be in Austin this weekend, so I'll try to confirm its use there...

SCPD

QRT
Maybe it was an alien calling for John Denver ....

Dallas Center (DEA) Is still analog, uses some encryption and can be a blast to listen to. But if you have the DEA Aviation Channel, then it REALLY gets good.

Dallas DEA also use a VHF Channel, which is called Miller-Shilo, Mostly in the clear and still analog. its like 165.6875 or something.

baj6974

Banned
Thanks for all your input/s...410.8 kinda active today,NAC is 201 texasemt13, 415.875 is active as well, P25 and believe it may be BEP????

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Dallas Center (DEA) Is still analog, uses some encryption and can be a blast to listen to. But if you have the DEA Aviation Channel, then it REALLY gets good.

San Antonio DEA has slowly been making a switch over to P25, though analog is still common. Usually FLINT hops on the Ops freq (Ch. 3 or 4, whichever they happen to be using) and communicates with the ground. I don't believe they switch to a VHF freq (have never heard them going to "Victor" or "Uniform" for that matter, and had never heard of "Miller-Shiloh" until your post).

Dallas DEA also use a VHF Channel, which is called Miller-Shilo, Mostly in the clear and still analog. its like 165.6875 or something.

I wonder what the "M-S" stands for?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I just heard one officer tell another he went to "channel 2" (from 410.8000).

I'm wondering if this could be a completely different freq or the same freq and different NAC? I assume it could be either- but if anyone, especially in Texas, has heard them switch from 410.8000 NAC 201 to a different freq or NAC do tell.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone is hearing a daily roll call (I had heard that FPS used to do a daily roll call around 0700hrs)? I'd like to know the time of this, if they are still doing one. Starting to catch some good traffic on this freq, and has helped resolve an issue that davidbond and I have been trying to figure out for some time.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
All right, for my third post in a row, I'm wondering if anyone:

a. has heard anyone refer to channel 2? I've heard on 3 occasions, a George (Contract Security Guard) unit, advise someone else to "go to Channel 2." I suspect they are using a low power (maybe even analog), unrepeated frequency for just local chatter, to not bog down "the net." I'm about 7-8 miles from downtown San Antonio so my signal is already weak, much less to catch, what I suspect, is a lower power transmission. Has anyone in Texas (Austin, El Paso, DFW, Htown) heard them switch to a channel 2?

b. happens to know what the frequency is for Ch. 2? Again I'm assuming all the FPS radios in this area were programmed the same (I imagine they would be for the whole region).

ecps92

Boston MA seems to have a 1600/1700 Roll Call vs an AM.

as for Ch.02, having seen a Radio in Boston this was a Local Rptr
not the Wide Area, at XYZ Bldg. Different NAC input, but same
area NAC output, lower-power than the Wide-Area Rptrs.

a. has heard anyone refer to channel 2? I've heard on 3 occasions, a George (Contract Security Guard) unit, advise someone else to "go to Channel 2." I suspect they are using a low power (maybe even analog), unrepeated frequency for just local chatter, to not bog down "the net." I'm about 7-8 miles from downtown San Antonio so my signal is already weak, much less to catch, what I suspect, is a lower power transmission. Has anyone in Texas (Austin, El Paso, DFW, Htown) heard them switch to a channel 2?

b. happens to know what the frequency is for Ch. 2? Again I'm assuming all the FPS radios in this area were programmed the same (I imagine they would be for the whole region).

baj6974

Banned
I haven't found ch 2 either, all I can think to do is when they mention it again, go to search mode and search thru the 400-420 mhz range

baj6974

Banned
153.71?

Anyone know who this freq. belongs to here in the dallas area? It is P25 sorry, I am not sure of the NAC

baj6974

Banned
ok,thanks js and why would they be digital?

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Many radio users use digital modulation. There are quite a few utility companies around the Richmond, VA area that use P25 along with the are FD/PD's and the feds.

SCPD

QRT
San Antonio DEA has slowly been making a switch over to P25, though analog is still common. Usually FLINT hops on the Ops freq (Ch. 3 or 4, whichever they happen to be using) and communicates with the ground. I don't believe they switch to a VHF freq (have never heard them going to "Victor" or "Uniform" for that matter, and had never heard of "Miller-Shiloh" until your post).

I wonder what the "M-S" stands for?

Miller-Shilo Rd. An Intersection close to LBJ and Miller with Two towers to the East of it. Covers NE Dallas and Garland/Sachse/Wylie really well. 165.2600 or something like that. Had a 156.7 and a 123.0 tone on it.

The DEA Aviation Channel used here is (Most of the time) 418.5750 156.7 Simplex/Repeater.

davynavy

Premium Subscriber
You are hearing the FPS Contract Security Officers. "Denver" Mega Center dispatches all FPS federal police officers and security officers in Texas as well as most of the western US. Denver doesn't just dispatch on evenings and weekends, they are there 24/7. Sometimes you will here Philadelphia Mega Center doing radio checks.

davynavy

Premium Subscriber
Fps & dea

FPS "George" units who are Contract Security Officers only have two channels on thier radios. Channel 2 is a talk around but most CSO don't know it transmits out on Channel 1 as well but doesn't hit the repeater. We catch CSO talking about things they shouldn't it took them forever to figure out how we knew. FPS actually has 9 channels in Region 7 (TX,OK,LA,NM, AR) only the federal officers radios have all the channel. FPS in this region has gone to digital radios as of this month.

SCPD

QRT
Many radio users use digital modulation. There are quite a few utility companies around the Richmond, VA area that use P25 along with the are FD/PD's and the feds.

Grayson County Co-op Electric is a good example of this. 4 repeated Channels operating P25. They are Digital for two reasons, A: every one else in Grayson County is and B: because they get increased range than on Analog. Less interference from crackling power lines too. Plus there are some 2 meter Ham repeaters in Tarrant County which use P25. P25 is open to anyone and any service.

Last edited:

N5AFD

Premium Subscriber
Dea-dfw

Hate resurrecting an somewhat old thread, but DEA was analog/clear on channels 1(418.625), 3(418.750) and 4(418.675) last night in the 8 o'clock hour. Dallas Comm was calling for some people on 3 and 4 and ops were running on 1. Don't know exactly where they were, but it was loud and clear in SW Arlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.