Humble Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon,

I am trying to obtain some scanner frequencies, specifically for the Humble Police Dept. I use the Radio Shack Pro-164 scanner. I am relatively new to the scanner world and there is still a lot I don't understand, like trunking/talk groups, and how to load them. I have done some significant reading in the forum, and also in the database. Some of the frequencies I found under 'Humble' are picking up what I am pretty sure is Harris County S.O.

If there is anyone here that has Humble PD/pct 4 constable frequencies and such (that they know to be confirmed) and can pass those along I would be very grateful.

Thank you again, and glad to be new forum member,

Matt K

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
They're on the Harris County Regional Radio System/STARNET
Scanner Frequencies: Harris County Regional Radio System (formerly STAR-Net) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas

Pay attention specifically to the Humble Site (014):

To make it a little easier:

Humble
10756: Humble PD 1
10608: Humble PD 2
10608: Humble PD Supervisors
10704: Humble PD Tactical
10736: Humble Fire/EMS 1
10768: Humble Fire/EMS 2
10800: Humble Fire/EMS Supervisors

Harris County Precinct 4 Constables (HCCO4)
11376: HCCO4 Dispatch 1
11408: HCCO4 Dispatch 2
1680: HCCO4 Supervisors
11440: HCCO4 East
11472: HCCO4 Warrants
9808: HCCO4 West

Last edited:

bennie_hou

Premium Subscriber
hi, just got my brand new Pro-197, also got usb cable and joined RadioReference. I live in the Humble, tx area. Have programed all the Humble pd freq in it and can hear them from time to time, however I don't really think I'm am getting them all the time. I used all the info off radioreference to program it. It's just that sometimes I get no traffic what so ever then after hrs of listening it comes to life. I know it's not the radio cause when I change an option to "wildcard" I get lot's of traffic. Do you think maybe Humble pd is changing "control" channels to something else other than what is on RadioReference ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
hi, just got my brand new Pro-197, also got usb cable and joined RadioReference. I live in the Humble, tx area. Have programed all the Humble pd freq in it and can hear them from time to time, however I don't really think I'm am getting them all the time. I used all the info off radioreference to program it. It's just that sometimes I get no traffic what so ever then after hrs of listening it comes to life. I know it's not the radio cause when I change an option to "wildcard" I get lot's of traffic. Do you think maybe Humble pd is changing "control" channels to something else other than what is on RadioReference ?
Welcome, Bennie

A couple of questions for you:
Are you using software? If so, which program- WIN500, ARC500, PSREdit500?

You've indicated you 'programmed in all the Humble PD frequencies'.
Humble is on this trunked system, as, I'm sure, you've already noticed:
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

To hear Humble PD on that system, you'd need to create a talk system object for the system itself, then program in the frequencies for the site closest to the city (I'd also program in some of the surrounding one's as well, and use the "multi-site" capability of the scanner). Then you'd also need to enter the talkgroup id's for Humble, and any other agency on that system, that interest you. Since you are a Premium Subscriber, if you are using one of the three software packages I mentioned, you can easily do that via an import. Is that how you set it up, or did you enter the frequencies manually, through the keyboard?

I don't know how familiar you are with trunked radio systems in general, so forgive me if you are already very familiar. There is a good introduction to the topic in the Wiki, Trunking Basics.

If you programmed by software, you might post your programming file here, so that someone can take a look. You would need to take the existing file, then add a ".txt" extension to it to make a valid file for the forum. Example- WIN500 files end in ".p500". So, if, for example, the file you created to program the scanner was named "Humble.p500", you would simply rename it "Humble.p500.txt" (without the quotes, of course.)

There's a number of Houston area members here, so some of them may additional suggestions, being much closer than I am.

bennie_hou

Premium Subscriber
Humble, Tx pd trunking

Thank You so much for replying. I am using ARC500 to program my brand new Pro-197. I'm use to the old type scanners, way before 800 mhz :) Matter of fact this will date me, I use to have a 4 chan "Cyrstal" scanner just for Harris Co Sher. I tried to program this one using the maual but finally resorted to spending the extra monies for the usb programing cable, ARC500 software, and of course radio reference. But hey that's progress.
using RadioRef all I had to do was pick State, County, Truck system, TxWarn, Data was Humble, Trunk options was Harris County - Humble... and of course which scanlist I want all this on. Easy enough.

When I do hear traffic it works great, then it seems like maybe they changed "control Channel".. no traffic.
The current control Channels I use are ..
p 868.625 a 866.225... are there maybe other control freq I am not aware about ???

rb999

Premium Subscriber
Those are the correct control channels for the Humble site on TxWARN. I think what you are hearing with Humble PD is normal. I monitor them also but from the Huffman site as I am out in the Atascocita area. I notice they are quiet on that TG for long periods of time before you hear any traffic. I don't know but suspect they may use MDT's for routine dispatch traffic.

I am glad to see you got the digital capable scanner since you just purchased a new one. There are more and more agencies moving to the P-25 digital TxWARN system. You may want to import that system from radio reference as well. You can hear the SE Montgomery county SO and those cities just North of you on this system. The Montgomery County SO D3 covers the area down to Porter and the part of Kingwood in Montgomery County.

Some other agencies you may want to hear from the area are:
HC SO D2
HC Constable Pct4
All the TAC and back channels for Pct4 and HCSO.
HPD Ch. A2 Northeast/Kingwood 460.12500

If you are interested I can convert my PSRedit500 file i use to an ARC500 file for you to try. PM me if you are interested in the file.

bennie_hou

Premium Subscriber
I tried PsRedit500 but I couldn't get it to work on my scanner? It would start to upload to my scanner but bout halfway the it would loose sync? hmmmm Anyways sure, I would love to see what you have. But how to I pm on here?

rb999

Premium Subscriber
I will just post it here in the thread. I have added it as a zip archive you can just extract the .gr5 file. Anyone else up in NE Harris county that might be interested is welcome to use the file as well.

A few notes about the scan lists groups:
List 1 HPD/HFD UHF Channels
List 2 TxWARN with wildcard (imported most of the relevant TG that can be heard from this area)
List 3 TxWARN Limited to NE HC area no wildcard
List 5 TxWARN P25 Full with wildcard (some TG locked out Enctypted and MetroRail etc.)
List 6 DPS P25 VHF channels and repeaters
List 7 Federal Agencies Houston P25/Conventional
I include the HPD NE/Kingwood in groups 1,2,3,8.

I normally scan groups 3 and 5 together to get most of the action from this area.
Hope this helps out.

Attachments

• rb-list1.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.