Tabc p25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Okay I have to turn to the community on this one.

Yesterday I was driving home and caught a snippet of digital comms on TABC Ops (156.0600MHz, normally CT 136.5). I thought no way, but the comms were there, NAC 300. I heard some 27/28s being ran but the signal was definitely skip in from somewhere. Searching Texas here it doesn't show anybody in Texas with that NAC, or anyone digital with that freqeuncy for that matter.

Looking at this document I just found here, page 92, shows that TABC is expected to switch to P25 (though they only need 120 portables and 250 mobiles- seems like a only a few). This document was orginally created in '08, expected to be completed by late 2010.

So drop the CT and try to catch some TABC on P25!. Even if it turns out to not be TABC I'd like to know who it is.

Ok. I've tried to leave the subject in all caps, but upon previewing the title it drops it in to lower case- I hate that.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Wow, over 3 years and I haven't heard anything on this.

With some good temperature inversion happening this morning, I was getting some skip and caught 154.9050 MHz with NAC 300. This could have been skip of their mobile to mobile or skip of someone on the input to their repeaters.

Still, no one has identified who is using this. I beg you all, please drop the CT on your TABC frequencies and begin searching for them in P25. Thanks, lets end the 3 year gap...

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Will Check it out. I know TABC on the weekends here in SA/BC use SAPD patrol channels and most of there cars don't even have vhf mobiles in them anymore. Use to be around them from time to time with the old job many years ago.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I hear the San Antonio office talking to agents outside the office on 156.0600 MHz occasionally (ct 136.5). I've also heard visiting agents asking for directions from the SA office on this frequency, but I never hear Ops on this anymore.

New Braunfels and San Marcos still have VHF whips on the vehicles.

Last edited:

ericcarlson

Database Admin
In Houston, they've been active on analog 154.905 [CSQ] car-to-car as recently as 1/18 and on 156.21 [136.5] repeater as recently as 1/24.

Status
Not open for further replies.