Brazos Valley Activity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
We will use this thread for activity in the Brazos Valley, including, but not limited to, any new VHF P25 activity, installation and roll out of the new 700 MHz system, and rebanding of the current BCS area trunk systems.

To start, I have information that College Station has rebanded the 866-868 frequencies down to 851 to 853. I am in Longview until next Friday, so can anybody confirm this before I update the CS TRS page?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
To start, I have information that College Station has rebanded the 866-868 frequencies down to 851 to 853. I am in Longview until next Friday, so can anybody confirm this before I update the CS TRS page?

I haven't noticed anything recently. If there are changes, they're happening VERY slowly.

csfd77

Feed Provider
My College station FD/PD scanner has gone dead today. The scanner is working fine but just not hearing CSFD/PD. How do I find the new frequencies.

csfd77

Feed Provider
I have confirmed that the rebanded feq. for the College Station 800 system are now active and the old ones are not in use.

Last edited:

n5gqb

At this time I am hearing CS conversations on 851.875, 852.275, 851.625, 851.275.
I am hearing some traffic on a couple of the old freqs, mainly the ones in the 856-857 area.

csfd77

Feed Provider
From what I'm hearing through the grapevine, they are having a lot of problems with the system. I know the radio systems has gone down twice in the last 3 days.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure they have rebanded. My PSR-500 won't follow it anymore and last night their control channel was on 856.4375 and my radio wouldn't follow it. I can't update my scanner for rebanding because someone stole my usb cable..... Right now I think I'm only getting intermittent traffic.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected. I was starting to wonder why my CSPD channels were briefly appearing on my 996 but not picking up. I tried entering in the new ones mentioned, but I can't seem to get the scanner to recognize them, even when I confirmed that the freqs were active.

n5gqb

Try following these directions for the new freqs. I got my 396xt going pretty easily, same as programming in a custom band plan. Scroll down to where it says "rebanded motorola systems".
EditBandPlan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I stand corrected. I was starting to wonder why my CSPD channels were briefly appearing on my 996 but not picking up. I tried entering in the new ones mentioned, but I can't seem to get the scanner to recognize them, even when I confirmed that the freqs were active.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396T, not an XT. Anyway, anyone know the "bandplan" for this system? I can't seem to get my 396T to work on it. It doesn't seem to pick up the new frequencies as trunked channels when entered into the system frequency list. On "C-Ch Only" mode, it'll briefly show a talkgroup and a frequency in the 862 range, but never follow any traffic.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a 396T, not an XT. Anyway, anyone know the "bandplan" for this system? I can't seem to get my 396T to work on it. It doesn't seem to pick up the new frequencies as trunked channels when entered into the system frequency list. On "C-Ch Only" mode, it'll briefly show a talkgroup and a frequency in the 862 range, but never follow any traffic.
Michael,
Did you do the firmware update to 3.02.02?
The update, and the bandplan for the rebanded systems can be found on this page.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Michael,
Did you do the firmware update to 3.02.02?
The update, and the bandplan for the rebanded systems can be found on this page.

I sure do. I don't know which of the two bandplans to use, though. I'm also kind of confused on exactly how you go about doing this. I entered in Bandplan #2 and got nothing. I'll try #1 and see what happens.

EDIT: Got it! For the 396T, it's Bandplan #1. BTW, does the 996T also need an update to work? I got mine for Christmas, 2006.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I sure do. I don't know which of the two bandplans to use, though. I'm also kind of confused on exactly how you go about doing this. I entered in Bandplan #2 and got nothing. I'll try #1 and see what happens.

EDIT: Got it! For the 396T, it's Bandplan #1. BTW, does the 996T also need an update to work? I got mine for Christmas, 2006.
Good. (I used FreeScan & entered both bandplans, on the one rebanded system that required it in the DFW area so far, Garland's TRS).

The 996 also requires an update, which can be found here.

Since you have the system working on the 396, save it with FreeScan (if you use it) & then load that into the 996, if you want to skip the edit bandplan on that unit.

Steve

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Did you find your cable? If not and if your here in bcs you can borrow mine.

No, it got stolen along with my laptop (all of my scanner cables, MTX8000 programming cable and all wall warts for my scanners) all in my laptop bag.

With that firmware update can you still listen to unrebanded systems? I need to be able to use it when I go to Harris County.

The question that I had in that last post was I found a new control channel and it was the Entergy system, I was asking what it was. I guess I should've left my original question in there.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
With that firmware update can you still listen to unrebanded systems? I need to be able to use it when I go to Harris County.

Yes, you can monitor both. The update simply adds an option that allows you to make a custom bandplan when programming a new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.