RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 2:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Where are TAC frequencies?

The local public service officers frequently move off the regular frequencies to "tactical" frequencies when working an emergency. I find nothing shown in the database identified as tac frequencies. Is there someplace to find these? (I live in Hood Co., Texas).

Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2009, 3:12 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz5x View Post
The local public service officers frequently move off the regular frequencies to "tactical" frequencies when working an emergency. I find nothing shown in the database identified as tac frequencies. Is there someplace to find these? (I live in Hood Co., Texas).

Thanks.
Welcome kz5x.

Which agency? For Granbury, 453.5500 is tagged as a "Law Tac" frequency in the database.

Some of those officers could possibly be using the statewide mobile frequency, 154.9500, as a 'tac' or car-to-car channel. In some systems, they'll use the repeater input, or output, frequencies in simplex mode (not going through the repeater). This is usually low power, and you'd have to be very close in order to hear it.

Remember that the only thing showing in the database here is what's been submitted as active. Pull up Hood County, then click on the link for FCC licenses, and you'll find more listings than are shown on the main page. One or more of those could be active, just not reported.
Old 11-28-2009, 6:34 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I suspect Hood Co SO TAC might be 155.535 or 155.895. FCC Callsign WPLW436 Details
I have heard SO dispatch on 155.895 before (didn't catch the tone) but I have never confirmed it since I am too far away to hear it well.

Last edited by nd5y; 11-28-2009 at 6:36 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 10:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks Tom and Hiegtx. Agencies are PD, DPS, SO, and FD. All seem to use some kind of tac channel. I suspected they might be using some variation of the repeater freqs in simplex + no tone to not key repeaters. Will also check your suggested freqs other licensed freqs in county and listen for activity there.

Dan
Old 11-29-2009, 10:43 AM
TX/LA Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz5x View Post
Thanks Tom and Hiegtx. Agencies are PD, DPS, SO, and FD. All seem to use some kind of tac channel. I suspected they might be using some variation of the repeater freqs in simplex + no tone to not key repeaters. Will also check your suggested freqs other licensed freqs in county and listen for activity there.

Dan
If it is interop channels, you may have a lot more channels to check out as well. Possible suspects include.
154.950 Texas Law 1
155.475 Texas Law 3
154.280 Texas Fire 1
154.265 Texas Fire 2
154.295 Texas Fire 3
155.340 Texas Med 1
155.7525 Nationwide VHF Call
151.1375 Nationwide VHF Tac 1
154.4525 Nationwide VHF Tac 2
158.7375 Nationwide VHF Tac 3
159.4725 Nationwide VHF Tac 4
Old 11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey, thanks for this too. That looks like a very likely possibility.
Dan