RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 7:28 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
It could be the P25 digital test pattern which wouldn't contain any ID or tower info. Still a sign that the move is forthcoming. Coming up P25 on the rebanded frequencies is a common tactic. Plano is doing the same thing.
You're probably right, Russell.

I've been checking, periodically, for signs that the P25 site in Ellis County will be activated. I did not hear a thing over the weekend. Didn't check Monday, but last night, for the first time, there was a control channel, on one of the rebanded frequencies. Yep, probably a test pattern for now, but a first step. I'll keep an "ear" on it & we'll see if it "grows".
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2010, 8:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiegtx View Post
JR,
You may not be hearing ETMC Air-1 unless it's making a run close enough that it's radio affiliates with the Waco tower (possibly in addition to whatever other towers may actually be closer, say Athens for example).

On the old analog system (for the minute, the Ellis County site is still up), I generally did not hear them unless they had a flight either into the DFW area proper (say Parkland, or Children's Medical), or perhaps Kaufman County.

Only a guess here: Perhaps Tyler EMS dispatch handles the "off-hours" of lower activity, nights and weekends, using one main talkgroup for all areas. Days, when there are more calls for non-emergency transfers, there may be additional, more localized, dispatchers with separate talkgroup ID's.
What i am hearing is Tyler dispatch. Dispatching a call to ETMC Air-1 and it is not around the Waco area. It is around Tyler.
Old 09-29-2010, 9:51 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR4607 View Post
What i am hearing is Tyler dispatch. Dispatching a call to ETMC Air-1 and it is not around the Waco area. It is around Tyler.
Hmmmmm

Since the time frame you're talking about, though, is nights/weekends, they may have that talkgroup setup to go "systemwide" during 'off hours', and (wild guess) have it patched to the 'Air-1' talkgroup. Basically, one 'dispatcher' covering several positions.

Last night, I had a slightly unusual occurrence as well. I was getting the Kaufman tower (usually pretty marginal), & hearing occasional Smith County S.O. calls (TGID 3690). Somehow, somebody affiliated with the Kaufman tower, and pulled some of the Tyler area traffic over to it. Only previous time I heard any Tyler area units was when a squad of Tyler officers were in Dallas for the funeral of a Dallas PD officer. Their radios affiliated with the Ellis County site (analog, several years ago), and I heard some conversations related to that.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Expect that to happen a lot with TxWARN. I regularly hear stuff from Montgomery, Austin, Matagroda, Harris, and Walker counties.
SHSU '13
Old 09-30-2010, 1:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

When I first climbed on this TxWarn train, it was called STARNET. Consequently, I managed to hear Conroe from the 179 mile marker on IH45, P25. So, I can see how one might monitor Montgomery, Austin, and others from Bryan. I am happy to have a large capacity scanner.
Old 10-05-2010, 1:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Interesting:

Waco crime rates and statistics - Neighborhood Scout
Old 10-11-2010, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcarlson View Post
2342 appears to be a Wharton County fire tactical channel but I don't know of the exact designation.
Interesting. If you hear it again post unit numbers if there are any. Departments dispatched by Wharton PD will respond as "xxx to Wharton."

Wharton PD dispatches their city, East Bernard, Boling, Hungerford, and Glen Flora on the posted VHF frequencies. El Campo dispatches themeslves and Louise on their posted VHF frequency. Danevang, DSR, Newgulf, and Texas Gulf are unaccounted for as far as I've heard.
Old 10-11-2010, 1:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

In case anyone comes across these:

3878 seems to be the new College Station Fire Dispatch (not in use yet, but there were some CSFD units testing it yesterday).
3899 apparently seems to be the new College Station Utilities Dispatch (I heard someone repeatedly saying, "25 to Utilities Dispatch").

Again, none of these are in use--just yet. I suspect College Station will switch over sometime this week.
SHSU '13
Old 10-13-2010, 1:53 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Are Waco and Waxahachie going on this radio system?
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2010, 2:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm already listening to TxWarn in Waco, EMTC, several other TG's. Review posts.
Old 10-13-2010, 7:40 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTracker View Post
Are Waco and Waxahachie going on this radio system?
Max,
The ETMC site in Ellis County (Waxahachie) has not made the transition from analog to P25 as yet. But that should happen relatively soon. I believe just about all the other sites on the ETMC system have either made that change, or been decomissioned and replaced by new TxWarn P25 sites. The ones that changed to P25, several as part of the rebanding process, switched to TxWarn at that time. The old Elmo site in Kaufman County has been supplanted by a new 700mhz TxWarn site in Kaufman itself.

Comments posted on the DFWScan list, and also passed to me earlier, hint Waxahachie itself might get off the system. So far, they have not.
Old 10-16-2010, 3:10 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

4033 is new. It may be an additional talkgroup for UTPD Houston.
Old 11-19-2010, 4:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Today, I loaded site 107 into my GRE PSR 500 along with the DPS TG's. So, afterward, I heard TG 3815 come up. I looked in the RR DB and found this to be a DPS TG. So, I am wondering how far this radio system will stretch.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiegtx View Post
Hmmmmm

Since the time frame you're talking about, though, is nights/weekends, they may have that talkgroup setup to go "systemwide" during 'off hours', and (wild guess) have it patched to the 'Air-1' talkgroup. Basically, one 'dispatcher' covering several positions.

Last night, I had a slightly unusual occurrence as well. I was getting the Kaufman tower (usually pretty marginal), & hearing occasional Smith County S.O. calls (TGID 3690). Somehow, somebody affiliated with the Kaufman tower, and pulled some of the Tyler area traffic over to it. Only previous time I heard any Tyler area units was when a squad of Tyler officers were in Dallas for the funeral of a Dallas PD officer. Their radios affiliated with the Ellis County site (analog, several years ago), and I heard some conversations related to that.
So i guess i have been hearing something like this. I commute from conroe to huntsville for school on a motorcycle most of the time with my 396t piped to my helmet through headphones. Anyway i started hearing dispatchers, units, locations that i knew were not part of walker county. So i took my truck and had the scanner set to show all ids (whether programmed or not) and i was getting alot of traffic from a center in the woodlands going through the huntsville repeater. Same goes now when im scanning at the house in conroe im getting walker co traffic and traffic from around the system.
Old 11-20-2010, 7:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by emd001 View Post
So i guess i have been hearing something like this. I commute from conroe to huntsville for school on a motorcycle most of the time with my 396t piped to my helmet through headphones. Anyway i started hearing dispatchers, units, locations that i knew were not part of walker county. So i took my truck and had the scanner set to show all ids (whether programmed or not) and i was getting alot of traffic from a center in the woodlands going through the huntsville repeater. Same goes now when im scanning at the house in conroe im getting walker co traffic and traffic from around the system.
Perfectly normal. If you have a TxWARN radio in Walker County but close to the Montgomery County line, it will connect with the site with the strongest signal, which is in this case the Montgomery County site, and thus any scanner will suddenly be picking up the channel that the radio user is currently on. In other words, no matter what site in the entire system the radio is currently connected to, you will hear the monitored channel. Same goes for any user far enough north in Montgomery County. It's common to hear almost all of the MCSO dispatch channels on the TxWARN P25 sites in Walker County. As for the Type II system, I have picked up dozens of TGs from other areas on those sites over the years. It's complicated, and you should check the RR Wiki for more information on how these large, multi-site systems work.
SHSU '13
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2010, 11:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well, I am pleased to hear this. I have heard Montgomery County for pretty long distances while on IH45.
Old 11-20-2010, 8:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
Today, I loaded site 107 into my GRE PSR 500 along with the DPS TG's. So, afterward, I heard TG 3815 come up. I looked in the RR DB and found this to be a DPS TG. So, I am wondering how far this radio system will stretch.
Where are you hearing site 107? The database needs updating.
Old 11-21-2010, 1:05 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Actually, I loaded this site after viewing the coverage area. Perhaps, it was a mistake, but I thought it would help with coverage. I have these two sites loaded, Waco and 107. Is there any disadvantage to loading this tower?
Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin

107 is reported to be the future Hobby Airport site but is supposed to be disabled at present.
Old 12-07-2010, 8:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Noted about site 107. When I was traveling on IH35E last night, I noticed that the Waxahacie PD was operating in the VHF band. I don't understand why Waco and Waxahacie are delaying the activation process for their emergency radios.