Lcra p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I haven't been hearing much from this system lately but today...

TGRP Description

1042- Link to Comal SO Channel 1 (155.5950MHz)

All the RIDs were "0" and I suspect this was a patch from the LCRA analog EDACS talkgroup 1369, rather than a direct link from the Comal SO P25 repeater to the SAUI.

This was monitored on Site 102, while in Hays County. While in New Braunfels I was not hearing Site 103 broadcast any traffic at all.

I will use this thread in the future to list observations of talkgroup usage on the SAUI.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
While travelling from Travis to Bexar County today I caught traffic on 2 talkgroups on Site 102 (Creedmoor):

Tgrp: Description:

1028 radio testing, female voice, RID: 0

1068 radio testing, male voice, RID: 0

Both were only active for a few key-ups, no 5 counts or anything just "test, test" a few times.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
This morning, dealing with all the icy roads:

1028- New Braunfels Fire Dept. Dispatch, rebroadcast from LCRA talkgroup 641.

Still haven't pinned down the dispatch RID, or user RIDs.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
1030- testing and 3-counts, RID: 5121303.

LID 1303 is in the range of LCRA Tech LIDs.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
1030- New Braunfels Fire Dept. Tac 2

Heard testing on both, P25 RID: 5121303, LCRA LID: 1303.

1077- keyed up immediately after 1078.
1078- keyed up after LCRA tgrp 646 (unknown, probably belongs to NBFD)

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
On NBFD Tac 2 (LCRA), I'm getting key-ups of 16383, an EDACS patch LID.

On the SAUI talkgroups, all testing is from RID 5121303. All users are using RID 0.

I am speculating that the tester (a radio tech) has a P25 radio and that's why his id is showing. All the LCRA users being patched to SAUI talkgroups have an RID of 0 because they do not have P25 radios. Likewise, the patch is being confirmed by the patch LID 16383.

Now I need to run UT on this site.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin

All users are using RID 0.

I am speculating that the tester (a radio tech) has a P25 radio and that's why his id is showing. All the LCRA users being patched to SAUI talkgroups have an RID of 0 because they do not have P25 radios. Likewise, the patch is being confirmed by the patch LID 16383.

This sound a lot like the testing that occurred on the DFW P25 system. Users from the "other" system showed a RID of '0' or sometimes the RID was the talkgroup ID from the "other" system if it was a P25 system (using ISSI to link systems).

Great catch. Keep up the good info.

Russell

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Since the blizzard last Friday, NBFD dispatch has still been carried on both the LCRA 900MHz system and the 700MHz system, talkgroup 1028 is NBFD Dispatch 1. I'll be submitting this today.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Good catch, I hope there's enough members around to catch testing at all these sites.

kkn, do you have the ability to listen to more than one scanner at once, to see if they're patching some other talkgroup to this from LCRA, similar to the way the HaysSO and NBFD links were done?

BTW, the NBFD link was still active last time I checked, so it's been over a month this has been actively on.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
As I was entering New Braunfels this afternoon, I heard key-ups and testing from tgrp 1076, which I've also heard testing on prior to today. The RID was 5121309 (I'm 99.9% positive it was 5121309 and not 5121303 this time). I've heard this testing being done before during the NBFD link testing, which was during the Central Texas snowfall a month ago.

The pieces on this system are falling together, slowly but surely. Has anyone noticed awesome recepetion from these sites (more so than the accompanying 900MHz LCRA site at that location)? I sure have...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
1030- New Braunfels Fire Dept. Tac 2

Heard testing on both, P25 RID: 5121303, LCRA LID: 1303.

This morning I heard some "action" on this that sounded like training. Cruising through Selma and listening to the New Braunfels SAUI Site (the range is awesome until about this point), at about 10 am, I kept hearing one message repeated about 5 times. The message was similar to:

"Command, Rescue 411, primary search complete. Break. Ladder 226, 222, we need a hose to the fourth story window."

Interesting, but those units definitely aren't NBFD. I'm not sure but that could've been some much bigger city (Austin comes to mind). The RID was the same as before, 5121303.

Anyone hear anything close to this on another system? Anyone see 1303 (an LCRA Radio Tech LID) come up on any fire talkgroups in their area? Not too many FDs on LCRA, so this might have come from a larger interop demonstration, maybe Austin, SA is unlikely, and further away is less likelier.

I think we can expect these talkgroups allocations to be fluid for awhile...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Just a compilation of talkgroups that have been gathered from the various SAUI Overlay threads:

1001- voice testing on multiple sites

1004- key-ups

1025- voice, law enforcement type traffic heard on multiple occasions

1028- New Braunfels Fire Dept. Disp. (patched with LCRA tgrp 641)
1029- key-ups
1030- voice testing (patch with NBFD Tac 2, LCRA tgrp 643); large fire training incident traffic (not New Braunfels FD)

1034- Hays Cty Sheriff's Office (patched with LCRA tgrp 777)

1042- Comal Cty Sheriff's Office (patched with LCRA tgrp 1369)

1064- voice testing on Pierce site

1067- key-ups
1068- voice testing

1076- key-ups
1077- keyed up immediately after voice testing on 1078
1078- voice testing

Only 1028- NBFD Disp seems to be a constant patch. All the others linked from LCRA have disappeared for periods of time, this link remains though.

I'm sorry if I overlooked anything, I tried to search all the threads.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like San Antonio was part of the list of cities that were cut from Urban Areas Security Initiative grants eligibility.

That might have a big impact on this system's deployment.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
A charter bus rolled this morning near the Comal/Hays County line, on I-35 northbound. NBFD/EMS was dispatched to the scene as well as CCSO and Texas DPS. See the rest of the story here.

NBFD/EMS Dispatch has been patched to this system for a few months now (ever since the ice storm Feb. 4th), on talkgroup 1028. This morning NBFD Tac 2 was patched through to this overlay as well (as it was in February) on talkgroup 1030.

Michael-SATX

Possibly more SAUI TRS site stQQd up in Bexar Co ?

Looks like San Antonio was part of the list of cities that were cut from Urban Areas Security Initiative grants eligibility.

That might have a big impact on this system's deployment.

Hey I don't know if this tid bit of info helps or means anything or not
but about 2 weeks ago this guy comes into my Radio Shack and
as he is standing at the parts drawers I noticed his employee tag
that said " Dailey Wells Communications " and you know that was
my giant cue card to start up a conversation ~ imagine that - lol ;)

What I remember was that he was a project manager dealing with towers
and their equipment and when I asked about the new 700 Mhz Overlay
system and if there were more sites planned for the San Antonio area.
He responded saying I think I remember that all the equipment was in place
but not turned on yet and I think he said there were 7 more tower sites ?
I thought this was basically how SATX was going to have patching capability
up to Austin's P25 GAATRS system and check the box for our P25 interoperability req ?
So if funding was cut would things just proceed anyway with SATX funding this expansion ?

ps~ He said they do new system mock ups here that get deployed in other cities.
I'm thinking with well over 150-ish employee's maybe I should just roll by their diggs
at 3440 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78219 by the AT&T center and have a lQQk :)

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Since we renamed this system there hasn't been much conversation on it. According to New Braunfels FD they still intend to migrate to this system in the future.

This morning while hitting a hilltop in northeast Comal County I heard talkgroup 9 on the Kingsbury site being tested with some 5 counts. I wasn't going that direction and heard no more transmissions. The RID was 5120001 (an interesting ID in my opinion).

edit: I hate that we can't use sequential caps in our titles. I always forget to space them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.