Ft Worth FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

magillapd

I'd be glad to. If anyone wants to donate to my cause I'll buy a new scanner once I have enough money.

fwfdengine2

awesome thanks guys! maybe you could both host a feed, one with only the locution dispatch and another with only response channels?

thanks!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Why did the other feed stop? Was it due to the scanner not being re-banding compatible? or other reasons.

soncorn

I am the old feed provider.

If somebody can reprogram the pro-97 for the rebanding and if it is okay with the person who loaned me the scanner to host the feed then I can provide the scanner to somebody that can host the feed.

I will pm the scanner owner with a link to this thread.

csfd77

Feed Provider
I am the old feed provider.

If somebody can reprogram the pro-97 for the rebanding and if it is okay with the person who loaned me the scanner to host the feed then I can provide the scanner to somebody that can host the feed.

I will pm the scanner owner with a link to this thread.

I'm the scanner owner and would be more than happy to loan the scanner to someone. Just let me know who can host it.

soncorn

Okay, so we have permission from the scanner owner.

Now we just need someone to program the pro-97 for rebanding (I don't have a cable for that scanner).

Then we need someone (can be the same someone) to host the feed.

Also the new host will need to contact the Live Audio administrator.

I will mail or hand deliver the scanner plus AC adapter to whoever programs\hosts the feed.

I can also help with getting the computer set up for hosting.

magillapd

I'm happy to hear that the owner of the scanner is willing to let someone use it. I have to decline at this time however. After rebanding, I was no longer able to scan the trunk systems. I have started to feed Saginaw PD & Fire. Since this is UHF, rebanding is not an issue. As I have friends who live in Saginaw, I will continue this feed.

I hope that you're able to find someone who can host.

simplec6

I think BenScan is in Plano, no? I wonder if there's an antenna that can pick up FWFD from downtown Dallas?

jasday

What equipment other than a dedicated computer and the scanner would need to be used. ie:software, etc......

soncorn

A high speed internet connection (no dial up).

All the software is free.

Then just a male to male audio cable to run from the scanner to the computer.

jasday

I live in north Fort Worth with great reception. I don't have the programming for the scanner, but I don't think it would be a problem hosting the feed. Would the computer being used for the feed, does it have to be totally dedicated to the feed, or can it still be used as normal?

fwfdengine2

I beleive you can still use the computer as normal, you just need to leave it on all the time, and possibly logged on, im not so sure. and it sounds like soncorn could program or give you the scanner he used before

soncorn

You would be able to use the scanner that I was using to host it. But the scanner will need to be reprogrammed with a computer before it will track the rebanded system. I do not have the correct cable to program it, so I will need to borrow a cable or somebody will need to reprogram the scanner.

I can help with setting up the host computer. It will need to stay on all the time, but you can use it as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.