Texas P&W Wardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boulder

Has anyone else around the state been hearing new unit ID's on Game Warden's?

I have been hearing units recently IDing themselves as 25xx and 26xx where normally they would be 82xx & 83xx. Sounds like they have done away with Region 8 (NETX area) and merged it with Region 2 (DFW). Just curious is this is being done anywhere else across the state?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Wood County has been in Region 8 for awhile now, so the 8000s makes sense. You're very close to the Region 2 boundary in Wood County, and maybe the repeater you're listening to carries both Region 2 and Region 8 traffic.

In Central Texas I hear Regions 5, 7 and 9 calling in to Austin or San Antonio a lot.

Boulder

Wood County has been in Region 8 for awhile now, so the 8000s makes sense. You're very close to the Region 2 boundary in Wood County, and maybe the repeater you're listening to carries both Region 2 and Region 8 traffic.

In Central Texas I hear Regions 5, 7 and 9 calling in to Austin or San Antonio a lot.

While I am close to Region 2, there is no district 5 & 6 in Region 2 according to the Regional map. One of the local Wood County Wardens I have been hearing himself ID as 2508 instead of 8308 (as Wood County S/O dispatchers are still getting used to the new number still using 83xx sometimes), and have heard another unit from Cass County (That I know for sure was one of the Cass County Wardens) using 26xx instead of 82xx.

Boulder

From what I am hearing Parks & Wildlife Game Warden Region 8 (NorthEast) has been merged with Region 2 (North Central). (Have not heard a single 82xx or 83xx unit in a while now)

Region 2 District 5 is the old Region 8 District 3 (25xx ID's no longer 83xx)
Region 2 District 6 is the old Region 8 District 2 (26xx ID's no longer 82xx)

Haven't confirmed but my guess is that would make Region 2 District 4 the old Region 8 District 1

My guess is also this is going on in other parts of the state

Status
Not open for further replies.