princeton tx police frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
does anyone no them? I cant find them anywhere
Looks like Princeton is dispatched on the Collin County system.

The Fire Dept. shows to be talkgroup 1840.

I don't see a specific talkgroup for the Police Dept., but probably they are dispatched, along with several other of the smaller towns, on the talkgroups labeled for Municipal PDs.
1328 Col SO PD1 Collin SO PD-1, Municipal PDs
1360 Col SO PD2 Collin SO PD-2, Municipal PDs

Princeton does not show any frequencies licensed to them. You would need to program the county trunked system, linked above, to get the referenced talkgroups.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
You will hear Princeton PD on the PD-1/PD-2 channels occasionally, and they are also heard on SO Dispatch TGID 1072. The Princeton units have 79xx call signs. See this page in the wiki for all the call signs on the county TRS.

bmxpro822

thank for the info.... you stay in mc right by me can you help me with one more thing im new to scanning i pick this up 851.9625 851.175 851.65 851.675 i no there police and sometimes bus but win i look them up they come up city of plano but plano allen and some others are on the Project 25 Motorola X2-TDMA so if this is plano how can i pick them up and here them??

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
one more thing im new to scanning i pick this up 851.9625 851.175 851.65 851.675 i no there police and sometimes bus but win i look them up they come up city of plano but plano allen and some others are on the Project 25 Motorola X2-TDMA so if this is plano how can i pick them up and here them??
Those frequencies are part of the PAWM trunked system (Plano, Allen, Wylie, & Murphy). To receive that system, you would need a digital scanner, capable of trunk tracking a P25 system.

Current models include:

Make....................Model.................Type
GRE......................PSR-500............Handheld
GRE......................PSR-600............Base/Mobile
GRE......................PSR-800............Handheld
Radio Shack.......PRO-18..............Handheld
Radio Shack.......PRO-106............Handheld
Radio Shack.......PRO-197............Base/Mobile
Uniden.................BCD396T...........Handheld
Uniden.................BCD396XT.........Handheld
Uniden.................BCD996T...........Base/Mobile
Uniden.................BCD996XT.........Base/Mobile
Uniden.................HomePatrol-1....Base/Mobile

Since you're new to scanning, start with this article from the Wiki. For a basic explanation of how a trunked system works, see this one.

bmxpro822

wow bro you just made my day i no my pro197 can get the p25 but the X2 TDMA modulation i thought the olny one that could pick that up was the GRE PSR-800 it says it right on the allen page on the Important Note... but i can get allen i never tryed befor because it says i cant right there on the page.

Last edited:

twjr80

Feed Provider
wow bro you just made my day i no my pro197 can get the p25 but the X2 TDMA modulation i thought the olny one that could pick that up was the GRE PSR-800 it says it right on the allen page on the Important Note... but i can get allen i never tryed befor because it says i cant right there on the page.

The PAWM system is a X2-TDMA system but at this time, they are not transmitting using the TDMA.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The PAWM system is a X2-TDMA system but at this time, they are not transmitting using the TDMA.
Right. As I understand the current status, the system is capable of using X2-TDMA, but is not currently doing so.
wow bro you just made my day i no my pro197 can get the p25 but the X2 TDMA modulation i thought the only one that could pick that up was the GRE PSR-800 it says it right on the allen page on the Important Note... but i can get allen i never tried before because it says i cant right there on the page.
The same situation applies to the Frisco system. It has the same label, regarding X2-TDMA, but that is not in use at this time. The McKinney system is another one. However, McKinney PD talkgroups are all encrypted (scrambled), so you would not be able to hear them. However, the fire talkgroups would be receivable on your Pro-197

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
That is correct. PAWM, Frisco, McKinney, Dallas P25, NCTCOG are all X2, however, no TDMA talkgroups have been heard. I suspect this is the default configuration and don't expect to see TDMA talkgroups in the near future on these systems.

Russell

n5vkmdlu

Princeton, TX police channels

Princeton is 7900 units on Collin County TRS analog system. Plus, they love to talk car to car on TXLAW2 154.950 CTCSS 127.3. I listen on a GRE PSR-800 and I love it. It is a GREAT RADIO!!! Hate is cost me $500 1 1/2 years ago from Scanner Master.com I bought the first ones made NO. 001021.

73's Danny N5VKM Princeton, TX

does anyone no them? I cant find them anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.