RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 7:37 PM

Default Edacs

I am receiving an EDACS system comtrol channel of 855.3375MHZ with control channel display of CTL-02. I have been unable to locate a system in the Burleson County area or any system in the database with this frequency as a control channel. Does anyone have any idea what systen this is?
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2012, 7:43 PM

Wonder if its this...

American Electric Power / Central Power and Light Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Remember that it's not wise to rely on the RR database to always have up to date info on system control channels. When searching out a system, assume all licensed frequencies as possible control channels until determined otherwise.

Last edited by triptolemus; 12-04-2012 at 7:45 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 7:54 PM

I am just surprised that American Electric Power EDACS system could be heard here in Caldwell. I have never heard them before. Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 8:08 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markef View Post
I am just surprised that American Electric Power EDACS system could be heard here in Caldwell. I have never heard them before. Thanks
Look at the list, and see if your close to any of the county's or town's listed.
I found one here in Kentucky I didn't know I was near.
Lots of good stuff to listen to in bad weather.
I think I found it, it's just south of You.

108 (6C) Gonzales Gonzales 01 855.18750c 02 855.63750 03 855.91250 04 858.86250

Last edited by RonnieUSA; 12-04-2012 at 8:11 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 PM
CenTex DBA
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

My first question is how you knew it was an EDACS system?

Looking at that frequency, I see it's licensed in Burleson County (Snook) for Entergy Services. Looking at their website here, you're right in their coverage area. That frequency is also licensed to them in Grimes County.

We don't have the Entergy system (Type II Moto; here) mapped well.

So, I know it doesn't match up with your EDACS assumption, but are you sure it's an EDACS control channel?

You can listen to a comparison (similar, but not intended to sound indentical), to help you identify them here.
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2012, 1:19 PM

It is an EDACS system because the mode showed CTL-02. When I plugged the frequencies for the system as listed in radio reference even though it was not shown as a control channel I started to get talk groups for that system. It is wise not to assume that radio reference is always correct. Never assume anything. I have the Entergy system programed in even though not much is heard on this system. Sitting on the highest location in town with a scanner beam antenna when the conditions are right I can hear quiet a bit of long range communications. I was surprised that a 800mhz system from Port Lavaca area could be heard. When the conditions are right anything is possible.