Plano, TX is without a live feed to RadioReference?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuadSquadMom

Premium Subscriber
I can hardly believe that there is no live feed to RadioReference for Plano as big a city as Plano is. They also host The Colony PD radios as of Dec 19.

It would be GREAT to have a live feed for the app!

Anyone?

QuadSquadMom

Premium Subscriber
Maybe someday. I live a few miles from Plano and do not yet have the scanner required to receive Plano, and due to distance, I'll also need a tall external antenna as well, and will need to look into code/HOA requirements to make that happen. So that's 'why not me' for now anyway.

I'm just surprised that as big a city as Plano is that no one is providing a feed already. The p25 digital is not as new in Plano as it is for the smaller nearby towns like mine that just joined their radio system this week.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If the person hosting the original feed is like me then once a city switches from their older analog stuff to the newer P25 stuff they might not carry the new stuff. My first concern is upgrading my equipment so i can monitor, if i have money left over then that equipment would get updated to carry the feeds.
With scanners costing 300 bucks that gets expensive.

twjr80

Feed Provider
At one time, someone did have the PAWM P25 system up on the live audio section. It's been gone for awhile now though.

SCPD

QRT
What's the point for streaming 4 or 6 dispatch channels on such a large system with the really good stuff happening on the channels that can't be aired? Someone would have to set up a feed just for the LOVE of Plano ....

simplec6

Plano was pretty boring to listen to back when there was a feed. I prefer DPD and FWPD and Houston and Chicago (at the same time).

wiz4769

Ya I have been asking this for a while. We have feeds for small surrounding towns that cant have any activity hardly and even McKinney that is all encrypted for PD....yet no Plano and Allen. Sure its not going to be as much action as Dallas, but with the other cities being provided , it makes since to host PAWM. But I guess we cant complain too much as I cant afford another scanner to host it...it was online at one time though and it was nice to be able to hear close to home while at the office

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
The problem with the previous Plano feed was the scanner was not tuned properly and the audio was horrible. Also it was scanning the PD and fire in Frisco which mean half of the Plano PD traffic was cut out.

There is plenty of action in Plano if you can actually listen to just Plano PD.

wiz4769

ya the simulcast digital distortion really hurt listing to this system, so I guess the guy hosting gave up, cant really blame them. Like you said I think Plano has plenty going on, I live in Allen and its pretty quiet, but even smaller cities in the area are being hosted and there is NO chance there is much action going on in the small country towns. And again Mckinney PD is encrypted yet its being hosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.