Collin County Public Safety problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxpro822

does anyone have problems receiving it?i have set reband tables i thank i did it right. i have tryed a 800mz antenna still no luck. i have a pro 197

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Which One?

does anyone have problems receiving it?i have set reband tables i thank i did it right. i have tryed a 800mz antenna still no luck. i have a pro 197

When I clicked on the Collin County DB, I observed quite a few trunking systems. In order to help you, it would be important to know:

a) what specific system or frequency are you talking about;
b) how you are programming the system, manual or computer;
c) what software are you using if you are programming with a computer.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
its the ccso and ccFD Motorola Type II Smartnet Collin County Public Safety Trunking System, McKinney, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

i have tryed programming the system manual and computer the programming software is arc500.
Take a look at the ARC500 guide in the Wiki. You need to both enter the correct Custom Tables, as well as "tell" the software to use them. See this section of the User Guide.

If you're still having issues after doing that, then you might upload your programming file by attaching it to your reply. However, the file type used by the ARC software (as well as a number of other ones) is not an allowable file extension to post. You can work around that by "zipping" (compressing) your file before uploading. I use the free 7Zip for that. WinZip is another well known file compression utility, and there are others, most all of which can be found on Download.com

The alternate way to post the file is add an additional file extension to the existing files name. For example, let's say you have your ARC500 file named "PAWM.gr5" (without the quotes, of course). To make the file one you can attach to a post, simply add a valid file type extension to it. (If you look at the "Manage Attachments" area of the forum post editor, you'll see a list of the file types that are acceptable. Just rename a copy of your 'PAWM.gr5' file to 'PAWM.gr5.txt' (again, of course, without actually using quote marks). You can then attach that to a post where someone can take a look to see what's wrong.

SCPD

QRT
I didn't have to use a reband table for CCSO. Just entered the new frequencies and it worked, Same with Dallas.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I didn't have to use a reband table for CCSO. Just entered the new frequencies and it worked, Same with Dallas.
No table was required for the Dallas LG system, since all of the 'new' rebanded frequencies in the 851> to <854MHz range had a 5 in the fourth decimal position.

However, for the Collin County system, five of the six frequencies, all the ones under 854.0000MHz, have a zero in the fourth slot, so tables are required.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm using the tables for Collin County as well. At a minimum you should have;

851.0125 0 719 25.0
851.025 440 559 25.0

Russell

bmxpro822

I'm using the tables for Collin County as well. At a minimum you should have;

851.0125 0 719 25.0
851.025 440 559 25.0

Russell

sorry for the long long wait but ya thats what i have i just cant here the vary goodits gotin better .. i didet thank i wood have a problem i stay by allen high school but idk still new to scnners..
and by they was sorry for my spilling i have dyslexia lol .

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I get tons of static on the CC system here in Allen, as well. They're coverage tends to favor the northern and eastern parts of the county better. They haven't had a tower in the southern (esp southwest) part of the county for many years.

Russell

bmxpro822

ya i guss thats what it is i didet that it wood be that b/c of the jail is not too far from allen... but thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.