RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 PM

Forney "should" be giving a demonstration of the new radio system at the next council meeting, January 21, 2014. Terrell "should" also be going live with their new system January 27, 2014. Of course you should be able to hear both soon if not already as they will be testing them before going live.
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2014, 3:51 PM
Texas DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

My location yields a very weak signal and can't copy any data.

Forney P25 Trunking System
Old 01-16-2014, 8:31 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
My location yields a very weak signal and can't copy any data.

Forney P25 Trunking System
Picking up what sounds like PD disoatch traffic on this system tonight at home on my HP-1. Trying to confirm usage, and see if anything else shows up.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiegtx View Post
Picking up what sounds like PD disoatch traffic on this system tonight at home on my HP-1. Trying to confirm usage, and see if anything else shows up.
I just got a hit just now too clear as a bell what sounds like PD too. TG ID 5001 from 772.8812. Actually several hits. Not sure if it is PD Disp or NCIC or if they even have a TG dedicated just for NCIC or if they do it all through PD Disp. I have one of my radios dedicated just to Forney so will see what comes across the logging.
Old 01-17-2014, 2:34 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteWx View Post
I just got a hit just now too clear as a bell what sounds like PD too. TG ID 5001 from 772.8812. Actually several hits. Not sure if it is PD Disp or NCIC or if they even have a TG dedicated just for NCIC or if they do it all through PD Disp. I have one of my radios dedicated just to Forney so will see what comes across the logging.
That's the only one I've seen so far.

I would suspect, as all the new radios are installed in the vehicles, programmed, handhelds issued, officers oriented on usage, etc, etc, we'll see additional talkgroups come into play. Probably at least a "talk" and a "tac" tgid, maybe more.
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2014, 2:42 PM

I've got them coming over loud and clear on same specs listed above.
Old 01-17-2014, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiegtx View Post
That's the only one I've seen so far.

I would suspect, as all the new radios are installed in the vehicles, programmed, handhelds issued, officers oriented on usage, etc, etc, we'll see additional talkgroups come into play. Probably at least a "talk" and a "tac" tgid, maybe more.
Yep me too. I have one of my 996XT dedicated just to this Forney system so I can log hits in ProScan. That is the only TGID that has come up. Very limited traffic on it though.

What I am curious about is they are lic for Phase II. I wonder if this is an indication that they will be working on Phase I like Frisco and McKinney do,
Old 01-17-2014, 3:39 PM

I am also up and running... I find the hubris of the mesquite scanner facebook page rather funny indicating they are they only people "equipped with the radios to allow us to (scan forney)." Wow.
Old 01-17-2014, 6:08 PM

It's been pretty quiet though the past couple hours. Anyone else get anything lately? Maybe they are still in test mode...

FFD is operating on portables until they get their mobiles installed in all the trucks..
Sponsored links

Old 01-17-2014, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex999 View Post
I am also up and running... I find the hubris of the mesquite scanner facebook page rather funny indicating they are they only people "equipped with the radios to allow us to (scan forney)." Wow.
They never said "only people" they said "only page" which they are because all the other pages ether don't have P25 capable radios or they use apps (Which there isn't a feed for Forney) or they are completely out of range of Forney all together. So as far as being the "only page" yes they are. That doesn't include general public.
Old 01-17-2014, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forney_guy View Post
It's been pretty quiet though the past couple hours. Anyone else get anything lately? Maybe they are still in test mode...

FFD is operating on portables until they get their mobiles installed in all the trucks..
Nope, nothing here since this afternoon and it was mostly NCIC traffic.

FD has their handhelds now? As of last week they didn't even have them and had no idea when they were even going to be getting them. Barnes hasn't told Townsend anything. FD has been completely in the dark on this whole switch. Then again, this was last week though so that could have changed.
Old 01-17-2014, 8:18 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I know this is off topic, but I have attempted to listen to the Kaufman county sheriff on 155.520 and haven't heard anything in months. Has it just been quiet or did the county change their radio system and RR hasn't posted it to the database yet?
Old 01-17-2014, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5elx View Post
I know this is off topic, but I have attempted to listen to the Kaufman county sheriff on 155.520 and haven't heard anything in months. Has it just been quiet or did the county change their radio system and RR hasn't posted it to the database yet?
Try 155.58750, their secondary, I've been hearing them over that when I get them in range. Usually when I'm driving around Terrell.
Old 01-17-2014, 9:31 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteWx View Post
Nope, nothing here since this afternoon and it was mostly NCIC traffic.

FD has their handhelds now? As of last week they didn't even have them and had no idea when they were even going to be getting them. Barnes hasn't told Townsend anything. FD has been completely in the dark on this whole switch. Then again, this was last week though so that could have changed.
I was talking with them today about it. I don't know if they are using them but they have them (the specialized firefighter portables with the bigger buttons, etc..) Only heard PD over radio, couple traffic calls, one arrest - wrecker called. Don't know if VFD has them yet..

Over the past two years I have heard audible noise coming from their channel 155.55 every time they were dispatching and I heard that same audible noise all day today when they were dispatching, transmitting, etc..

Captain Pyle with the FD has been working with Barnes kinda as the dept's liaison (for lack of a better word) with the switch. I don't think he has been necessarily keeping them in the dark so much as it's been all the equipment and installation has been taking place at the PD so they see them everyday. Barnes and Pyle have been working together with DFW Communications through the whole process..

(SIDE NOTE: I think this is my last moderated post so I should be able to respond quicker...sorry for the delay)
Old 01-18-2014, 2:13 AM

Kaufman county is on 155.5875.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2014, 4:58 PM

They will be presenting tonight at the Forney City Council meeting -- according to the published agenda -- so hopefully I will be able to provide an update.
Old 01-22-2014, 2:07 PM

Initially it was suppose to go live Jan 6th but they are trying to get approval on some things so I have been told Feb 1st. At the moment they are still working off of TRBO.
Old 01-22-2014, 2:26 PM

Sorry I meant to update last night. FPD told the council they have been running on the new system since last Tuesday on live operations and have only found one very small dead spot in Travis Ranch -- only about a 3x4 sqft area in a primary school.

Fire will be getting their truck units installed this week and will be 100% by the end of the week live -- until then, they have been running off portables.

They did once again confirm it is running in Phase II, sounded very confident about the answer.

Also listened to them operating on the radios this morning on one of the new fire department portables, very clear compared to the TRBO.
Old 01-22-2014, 2:35 PM

That's interesting news. VFD is still on TRBO and they told EMS Feb 1st.

There is some truth that they were doing something on it but it was over Phase I unless that has changed that since. As of today I know Fire isn't like like you said. They are on Moto APX4000 handheld radios.

Sounds like a stinky going on out there...LoL
Old 01-22-2014, 2:52 PM

Yea we caught the Phase I transmissions last week too but haven't heard anything since -- I'm assuming that's when they flipped over to Phase II??

I'm not sure about the VFD, they didn't mention them. I just assumed it'd all be done when FD was done, possibly afterwards I guess. Maybe they are installing FD units and then the units at the substation with EMS by the 1st of Feb???

I hope it starts smelling like roses soon, would make my life and job a whole lot easier..