Stephenville & Erath County vicinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I finally got a chance to run down to the Stephenville area and verify what frequency they are using. There was a thread back last December asking what happened, but nothing since. This is the first time I've had a chance to visit that area, due to ongoing health issues.

What I found was this:
Stephenville PD is still using 155.3100, as indicated in the database. However, they are now using it in digital mode, NAC 61A, even though their license does not appear to have the correct emission code for digital usage. All I found was the authorization for narrowband analog.

Erath County, which was updated this past April to reflect digital usage on their primary 155.1900 (NAC 61F), also does not show an emission code on their license for digital communications, only narrowband analog. For Erath's primary S.O. frequency, 155.1900. license KZC619 shows that they applied for a digital transmission authorization January of last year, but it was denied. Looking at the administrative transaction history, if I read it correctly, it appears that they applied for the wrong emissions code, using one for trunked system operation instead of conventional. Looks like they never went back with a corrected request. I don't see where Stephenville ever tried at all. If someone sees something I missed, let me know.

Comanche County S.O. Ch 1 dispatch, 155.5200 (license KVF649) was predominantly analog. However, I did log one field unit (not dispatch) using digital on the frequency, with a NAC of 47. I replayed the logged recordings on my Home Patrol, and it is the same voice I heard over on the analog side of the frequency. Like Erath & Stephenville, Comanche County is licensed for analog only.

In looking at the licenses for the various counties and cities in that area, including the various VFD's, the majority of them show licensing authorization to use either analog or digital, so it's possible more will switch to digital transmissions as compatible radio equipment is acquired. For the programming files I use for that area, I have added a second entry, for NAC search, for those showing as analog only.

Status
Not open for further replies.