Ft Worth P25 new talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhelmet13

Pro96com now showing site 104 as an adjacent site. Johnson County Fire dispatch (group 6539) is now coming through on site 101 (Ft Worth). I suspect is because a radio has affiliated to that group due to a multiselect from a console or from either a radio belonging to Crowley or Burleson (?)

ce2576

I suspect is because a radio has affiliated to that group due to a multiselect from a console or from either a radio belonging to Crowley or Burleson (?)

Per what's in the 'Misc System Information' box on the FW Regional database page:

"Burleson Fire has a limited number of portable radios on the new system so they can interop with Johnson County Fire."

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Wish I could hear them. I'm in a multipath triangle of no reception at both work and home with my Uniden XTs.

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
I thought I heard a Burleson unit. I heard a unit say that they were are Target on John Jones.

Burleson LTR has gone silent on me for about a week now. FD/EMS is still active but the PD is dead. Seems odd they would switch to Ft. Worth talk group (Tarrant County) when Burleson is in Johnson County. I have updated library 2 times to make sure not my problem. Will try checking FW P25.

rgv1971

Burleson LTR has gone silent on me for about a week now. FD/EMS is still active but the PD is dead. Seems odd they would switch to Ft. Worth talk group (Tarrant County) when Burleson is in Johnson County. I have updated library 2 times to make sure not my problem. Will try checking FW P25.

Isn't Burleson in Johnson and Tarrant County. They are listed in both databases. Plus, there was a post some time back that said they were allocating funds to join the system.

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
Burleson might hang over into Tarrant County a bit but it is 99% Johnson County. Hopefully someone will figure out the talk group soon. I looked a bit after I posted. Maybe not in the database yet?

Linn

Burleson is still on the LTR system. I was at a school function tonight and saw the school officer with an HT1250. When I got home I turned the radio on and have heard PD on it.

Last edited:

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
Burleson is still on the LTR system. I was at a school function tonight and saw the school officer with an HT1250. When I got home I turned the radio on and have heard PD on it.

Perhaps there is just no crime in our fair city?

Actually it just came back on. Strange.

ce2576

Seems odd they would switch to Ft. Worth talk group (Tarrant County) when Burleson is in Johnson County

I think your misunderstanding what Burleson is doing. They are NOT switching to a Fort Worth talkgroup. What they are doing is an eventual transition to the FW Regional P25 system. Burleson will eventually have their own set of PD/FD talkgroups on the system and will still be dispatched by their own city. Currently BFD has a limited number of radios so they can interop with Johnson County Fire, which has been on the FW Regional P25 since July. My guess is that BPD/BFD radios will be programmed to utilize the frequencies of both the FW and JoCo sites.

NC5267

They will be programmed to site roam with a "home site" as the Johnson County and Ft. Worth as a secondary, if they end up adding another simulcast site all the radios will be programmed with new sites as they come online. That is how it usually works with regional radio systems

txradionerd

Do you know this for sure NC? If so do I need to program the Johnson County control channels and search to look for Burleson?

ce2576

Do you know this for sure NC? If so do I need to program the Johnson County control channels and search to look for Burleson?

Depending on your location, it might behoove to program in both sites, that way no matter which site they happen to be using you should hear them. I have the JoCo site programmed into my scanner, but then I'm apprx. 6-7 miles as the crow flies from the tower site at the Cleburne landfill, so naturally that makes the most sense for me.

With one of the JoCo tower sites being just outside of Crowley, and the fact that BFD does mutual aid with JoCo from time to time, those two things together would seem to indicate that JoCo would be the best choice as the "home site".

Quote from the 'Misc System Information' box on the FW Regional Radio System page:

"Their City Council recently approved transitioning to the Fort Worth Regional Radio System. The transition could occur as soon as later this year. They are in the process of building programming templates, procuring equipment and getting new consoles installed. Burleson Fire has a limited number of portable radios on the new system so they can interop with Johnson County Fire."

I wouldn't expect to hear a lot of Burleson traffic other than FD until later this year if not early next year. Might take them some time to get everything up and running before they make a full transition.

vinnyca1

In there announcement to the community they will be on the JC P25 system, nothing about FW P25 system...Burleson moved over to the new system about an hour ago, I need the frequencies so I can listen to them...HELP!!!!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In there announcement to the community they will be on the JC P25 system, nothing about FW P25 system...Burleson moved over to the new system about an hour ago, I need the frequencies so I can listen to them...HELP!!!!
Frequencies for both the Johnson County, as well as the various Fort Worth/Tarrant County sites, can be found here: Fort Worth Regional Radio System Trunking System, Tarrant, Johnson Counties, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

You would need a digital scanner, which you may already realize. Until the Burleson talkgroups are identified and submitted to the database, run the system in "ID Search" mode (for Uniden scanners), or with a wildcard for the GRE manufactured object oriented scanners (PSR-500, PSR-600, PSR-800, or the models made by GRE but sold through Radio Shack: Pro-106, Pro-197, or Pro-18).

nd5y

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
I just thought it was a particularly quiet afternoon in Burleson. Dangit! Will post if I hit anything.

Nice and clear on 770.368750

5768, 5769, 5803, 5804, 6539, 6664, 6655

Last edited:

ce2576

Just submitted an update for Burleson to the database admins.

Hearing Burleson PD on 6664 and Burleson FD on 6655

They are using Site 004 (Johnson County) on the FW Regional Radio Sytem.

So far these are the only two talkgroups I have heard traffic on.

Status
Not open for further replies.