CareFlite Ground EMS - Johnson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ce2576

Hoping someone on here knows what system of frequency they have recently moved to. Throughout the 8 yrs or so that they have provided EMS service to Johnson County, they have been on the Oncor EDACS system, 2 different LTR systems, several different 400mhz UHF high band frequencies, and most recently they had been dispatching the ground medics down here on CERN Tower (464.100)

I have been scanning the 450''s up through the 480's on UHF high when I know there is an active call in the county, but I haven't heard a peep from them on any UHF 400mhz frequency.

Right now I'm at a bit of a loss as to what they are currently using and am hoping there are some other Johnson County scanner folks on here that might be able to provide an answer.

I kinda wonder if they aren't planning a move to the new 700 digital system down here? I have that system plugged into the scanner and have it set in ID SEARCH mode should any new TG's pop up.

Thanks!!

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
462.17500 WPOX387 RM 123.0 PL Careflt CdrH Careflite Ground - Cedar Hill Tower FM EMS Dispatch

Or check here....it may take some listening to figure it out correctly!!!!

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7349

but your thought they maybe on the Johnson CO 700 freq appears to be a good one.

Good listening....

Last edited:

nd5y

About 4 years ago they started a non-emergency transfer service in Palo Pinto county. When I lived there I never did find them. Good luck.

Linn

I think they are on a Mototrbo system now. I've seen them with new radios this week. I don't have any specific information to share though.

SCPD

QRT
Careflite Systemwide just went MotoTRBO! I believe they are the Megahertz DFW wide system, the seller was Blair Communications of Dallas. I believe they are Capacity Plus.

jasday

CareFlite hasn't made a total transition, both the Dallas traffic on the LTR system and the Cedar Hill tower were active as of this morning. The units that I heard were in the 800s on the Cedar Hill tower but I'm not sure where they are, maybe the south east Dallas and surrounding 911 stuff. I listened to the CERN tower for a bit on my way in but didn't hear anything. Of course the Dallas and FW airinc channels are still good. Maybe the flight crews will go back to being on the CERN tower.

ce2576

CareFlite hasn't made a total transition, both the Dallas traffic on the LTR system and the Cedar Hill tower were active as of this morning. The units that I heard were in the 800s on the Cedar Hill tower but I'm not sure where they are, maybe the south east Dallas and surrounding 911 stuff. I listened to the CERN tower for a bit on my way in but didn't hear anything. Of course the Dallas and FW airinc channels are still good. Maybe the flight crews will go back to being on the CERN tower.

What you were hearing was Medic 811 based in Ferris. The frequency is 462.17500 and while it is 'on' the CERN tower it is actually not the frequency that most people refer to when they say CERN tower. And for that matter it's also not the frequency the CareFlite folks refer to when they say CERN tower. 464.100 is the frequency that is commonly referred to as CERN tower. While both frequencies are 'on' the same tower only 464.100 is referred to as CERN tower. Not to be splitting hairs or anything, just a clarification on the correct terminology.

I'm still hearing the CareFlite Hill County medics (300's) on 460.38750. So for the moment their medic in Ellis County and the medics in Hill County are still UHF and scannable. Sucks that the JoCo medics are on MotoTRBO. Thankfully there's still plenty to listen to down here.

I sure thought that CareFlite would jump on the 700 system down here. Seems like that would have made more sense what with the towers for that system being in the same area that their medics operate in. Perhaps moving to the 700 system was to cost prohibitive? Is MotoTRBO cheaper?

jasday

I went back and read my post again thinking that's what I had written and it was. The traffic I had heard was on the Cedar Hill channel, I did not hear anything on the CERN channel.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
They haven't all gone MotoTRBO at least not around here. Balch Springs Fire/EMS is dispatched out of CF and I am still getting them on 154.4000 but that is only for SE Dallas Co. I am still getting the Helos on 131.4500 and 464.1000 as previously stated for CF2 out of Frisco and CF3 out of Methodist.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
If they went to the Megahertz system, it is not Capacity Plus. It would be Connect Plus. Someday there will be a DMR Tier 3 capable scanner. Maybe.

It actually makes a lot of sense for them to go to that system. Almost every hospital in the D/FW area is using it for interoperability now. Megahertz has been very aggressive about getting the hospitals on board with this.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I've heard drive thru's with better clarity than Bio-tel. Anything is better than what they currently have...LoL

SCPD

QRT
They haven't all gone MotoTRBO at least not around here. Balch Springs Fire/EMS is dispatched out of CF and I am still getting them on 154.4000 but that is only for SE Dallas Co. I am still getting the Helos on 131.4500 and 464.1000 as previously stated for CF2 out of Frisco and CF3 out of Methodist.

They are transitioning to MotoTRBO now. If you choose to NOT believe this then you will be in for a BIG surprise soon.

The Prior radio guy that got them off TXU and put them on LTR had been working with Blair since a certain radio sales guy (pretty well known in Dallas) left Teletouch and went to Blair and a Certain Technician left Teletouch and went to DFW Comm. After the first CF radio guy initiated the sale with Blair he left CF and the new radio guy closed the deal and now there are 300 new TRBO radios sitting at Blair being programmed. Oh and just for information, TOP GUN Security is Also on this system. TGS can also be found on a Passport system in Houston.

Will the TRBO be in the air? IDK! But Ground is moving to TRBO Now. Additionally, 464.100 is simulcasting to TRBO. I have actually seen this, held the damn radio in my hand while radio checks were done.

My apologies on confusing capacity plus with connect plus. Oh, FYI that system is expanding into Ellis and Grayson Counties as well.

One other note, MesquiteWX. I don't know that you will hear anything on the Balch Springs channel. the CF TRBO is for the Company Communications and may not apply to Public Safety channels. You can simulcast TRBO to Analog Conventional all day long. You can gateway it, you can patch it by ISP, RF Point to point and probably with cup and string. But the company based communications are TRBOizing now.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
CF sites in Johnson and Hill were TRBOized this week. Want to hear CF, sales guy says go buy a radio from em and they'll program CF receive in for ya. It ain't a move of secrecy, its a technology move.

ce2576

CF sites in Johnson and Hill were TRBOized this week. Want to hear CF, sales guy says go buy a radio from em and they'll program CF receive in for ya. It ain't a move of secrecy, its a technology move.

Why are you being so snippy with your last two responses? NO ONE on this thread has outright doubted CareFlite's transition to MOTOTRBO. Secondly NO ONE on this thread has criticized CF for their decision to use MOTORTRBO. And exactly who on this thread said anything about this being a move of secrecy? That would be NO ONE!

There were a few posts simply stating that there is/was some CF traffic that is/was still on the CERN tower and the AIRINC frequencies. I don't see where that qualifies as someone not 'believing' one thing or the other. It was a simple statement of what CF traffic is/was being heard at that particular time.

MaxTracker, you read WAY to much into the post's on this thread. Please get over 'it' and yourself.

jasday

I'm glad someone found a tactful way of saying what i was thinking. Maybe I was reading too much into "held the radio in my damn hand".

SCPD

QRT
Why are you being so snippy with your last two responses? NO ONE on this thread has outright doubted CareFlite's transition to MOTOTRBO. Secondly NO ONE on this thread has criticized CF for their decision to use MOTORTRBO. And exactly who on this thread said anything about this being a move of secrecy? That would be NO ONE!

There were a few posts simply stating that there is/was some CF traffic that is/was still on the CERN tower and the AIRINC frequencies. I don't see where that qualifies as someone not 'believing' one thing or the other. It was a simple statement of what CF traffic is/was being heard at that particular time.

MaxTracker, you read WAY to much into the post's on this thread. Please get over 'it' and yourself.

First: No one said it was a move of secrecy, just a lot of folks identify TRBO with that e word. And less see TRBO as a step into technology. I hear everyone hating TRBO and I actually like it. It's clean, easy to use and really easy to work with with.

OK, yes some posts said CF was still in the clear on PS channels, I just was trying to clarify that that was probably true, that CF would be clear analog due to simulcast.

Second response wasn't meant to be snippy and you or whoever can go buy a TRBO radio from that company and they in deed would program it for receive. Also was stating that Johnson and Hill were TRBOized last week. What's snippy about that?

You completely misunderstand me, you don't know me and I'm sure your saying "You don't want to" to yourself right now also and that's cool! Not an issue. Get over it and myself? not following you.

"held the radio in my damn hand" sorry figure of speech, my bad! I probably do read too much into stuff, again bad habit of reading late at night after a hard day.

Bottom line is I have a bad rep on the forums and so many folks see my posts negatively when they aren't meant to be. Sorry we have a communications issue. Please don't attack me for it. And I will work on posting comments with less snippyness.

I just purchased a XPR4550 and had CF and other stuff loaded into it. I like the radio and the voice. these things sound really good. not to mention the toys that can be added. At the house in Bonham I can hear the Megahertz Dallas tower and hit the McKinney tower.

We should meet for coffee sometime so you could then see I aint all that bad.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

A Ha, I see our problem. first four words of your quote, I didn't see the word "all" I saw only "They haven't gone MotoTRBO.

At the time when this thread came out and I originally posted that CF was going to TRBO, the deal was just closing on the sales end. No infra structure was in place and no radios were in vehicles CF was beginning the initial orders and playing with demo's. I probably should have added that then AND read your comment better. Truth is being diabetic my eyes miss small words often.

ce2576

CareFlite medics in Hill County are still on 460.38750 (UHF). Just heard them dispatch Medic 303 on a call and also heard the CF dispatchers talking to Medic 304 as well. So evidently they aren't quite ready to switch over to the MOTOTRBO system just yet. I'm guessing it won't be much longer before the Hill County medics switch over to the new system.

With Uniden not equipping their two new scanners to monitor MOTOTRBO, I sure hope that when Whistler comes out with their first scanner they will include MOTOTRBO. I'm not a fan of the object oriented programming that the GRE's have. I helped a friend manually program his PRO-164, boy was that a b****ch. I am much more of a fan of the system and groups setup on the Uniden scanners. Love my 996XT. Was hoping to upgrade my 396T to another Uniden, but lack of MOTOTRBO is a deal killer for me. Especially with CF Ground here in Johnson County having moved to MOTOTRBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.