New Terrell 700 MHz P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
From the Forney thread ...

Well, there's definitely something there in Terrell. I've added the following system; Terrell P25
I take it that means you can hear a control channel.

I suspect that you're closer, and/or maybe have a better line of site to them than I do. So far, I have not picked up anything from home. I also show 773.143750 allocated to Terrell (from CAPRAD), besides the three you have in the system.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
.... I also show 773.143750 allocated to Terrell (from CAPRAD), besides the three you have in the system.

Finally showed up in UniTrunker this morning.

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I didn't think to check CAPRAD - but that's where I (you) found the new system.

Last edited:

Para078

Premium Subscriber
How long before it goes online?

I've heard they aren't giving the new radios to the volunteer department.

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
I came across their FCC application for this system.
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0006036852 - CITY OF TERRELL Even though the system is active, the application is still pending.

It looks like they only applied for an emission designator of 8K10F1E, so it will be phase 1, and able to be monitored by existing scanners, as long as they don't go with full encryption.

Unitrunker is also showing a 5th frequency of 773.68125. I keep getting call hits every once in a while, but have yet to hear any traffic, no source ID, but a target ID of 65536.

Hopefully Chief Lay has his head on straight about the big "E" and this could turn out to be a cool system to monitor.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I came across their FCC application for this system.
ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0006036852 - CITY OF TERRELL Even though the system is active, the application is still pending.

It looks like they only applied for an emission designator of 8K10F1E, so it will be phase 1, and able to be monitored by existing scanners, as long as they don't go with full encryption.

Unitrunker is also showing a 5th frequency of 773.68125. I keep getting call hits every once in a while, but have yet to hear any traffic, no source ID, but a target ID of 65536.

Hopefully Chief Lay has his head on straight about the big "E" and this could turn out to be a cool system to monitor.
You may be picking up something from the upcoming Forney system. 773.68125 is on their license.

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
You may be picking up something from the upcoming Forney system. 773.68125 is on their license.

Steve, thank you for pointing that out. It may just be an anomaly, as I don't see it return after removing it from the frequency list.I don't use Unitrunker that much, and I didn't even think of a stray frequency from another system popping up.

I haven't paid that much attention to Forney's new system, as it's showing as a phase 2 system, and I know that I won't be able to listen to it until I can get authorization from my significant other, (the money police), to buy a new toy. LOL

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
How long before it goes online?

I've heard they aren't giving the new radios to the volunteer department.

I can find out more details about this and find out what's going on.

But no, they aren't giving new radios to VFD I do know that for a fact. At least not right away from what's been said. I am not sure how that is going to work exactly. I know I can't make any sense of it and nether can people in KC.

SCPD

QRT
I wonder if this will include Terrell State Hospital as I own 12 of their old SP-50's which were recently sold off for new Digital radios?!

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
Terrell Live Today?

Terrell appears to be conducting normal operations on the new system today. I am hearing police dispatch, in the clear, on 10001, and fire dispatch on 10008, and the analog channels are silent.

TG's 10003 and 10005 appear to be using encryption, which are probably being used as PD Tac channels.

Unitrunker is showing clear hits on 10002 and 10004, but I wasn't near my scanners when they occurred, it is also showing a call sign of WQTE518 instead of CHANGEME, with 15 groups and 82 users.

For the most part the audio sounds really good, just a few unreadable transmissions here and there. Heard radio shop asking FD to drive around and check their radios, and several tone out tests, along with normal traffic stops and PD dispatch.

Will keep monitoring and submit info to DB as verified.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Are they running Phase I? I am haven't heard anything from them. What are the control channels?

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
Are they running Phase I? I am haven't heard anything from them. What are the control channels?

Yes they are Phase 1.
The primary control channel is 769.33125, and secondary is 772.63125.

Mesquite may be too far to pick up a strong signal from Terrell. I f their system is anything like Forney's, they may be operating on just enough power to stay close to the city limits. In Terrel I get 0 to 3 bars on Forney's signal with my 396xt and antenna at 25'(only 10 miles form Forney tower). I was getting 5 bars with their TRBO system.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I shouldn't have any issues getting a signal. I have a ST-2 antenna about 50' up on mast. I get pretty good range and I could hit their old system no problem.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I am getting Terrell hits now and man it is night and day from their old system and very crisp and clear and strong. Hitting on TGID 10001.

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
Mesquite may be too far to pick up a strong signal from Terrell. I f their system is anything like Forney's, they may be operating on just enough power to stay close to the city limits.

MesquiteWX, I formally retract that assumption.

As I was driving home from work tonight, I picked a very loud and clear transmission from Terrell's system with my 396XT and stock antenna, sitting in my cup holder, at US 80 and Collins Rd.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I like their new system, It is very clear. Getting hits on TGID 10001 and 10008.

I am close to Collins and 80 too.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Here is some of the TGID hits I have gotten. I haven't been listening recently but the times I have listened it has been very strong and crystal clear.

Attachments

• ProScan-Terrell.jpg
    ProScan-Terrell.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.