Blanco County Changing Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber
I just got word from the Johnson City police that Blanco County is switching systems. He would not say what they were going to. I've been trying to research but can't find anything. Anybody have any clues?

NC5267

Could be the LCRA P25 system or the OpenSky system. I have heard Hays county primay dispatch patched to the LCRA P25 system. I had heard LCRA wanted all public safety on the P25 system. So Hays and San Marcos going OpenSky seems strange to me. New Branfels is on the P25 system as well as Kendall county agenices

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber
nims

Thanks for the reply. It seems nims was mentioned. I googled it, but not much help there. I heard that Burnet County also was changing to a new system. If I understood the chief of police, this will happen on March 1st. I would think they would be testing the system. I have the uniden 396t, and have not heard anything on it while searching. I guess I'll find out in a month.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I just got word from the Johnson City police that Blanco County is switching systems. He would not say what they were going to. I've been trying to research but can't find anything. Anybody have any clues?

Should be the "Western Counties Regional Radio System", which will be part of GATRRS.

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber
Huge Thanks

I've been an amatuer in scanning for years. I bought a 396t when they first came out. Looks like i might actually be able to use it now. Now I need to go a read up on how to program it, lol. thanks again.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Burnet, Llano, and Blanco Counties will be on the Western Counties Regional Radio System which will be a VHF digital trunked system patched/linked to the Greater Austin system.

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber

I think that this will be the new primary channel for Blanco County. I heard them on the current primary to switch to the new primary. They then started chatting on 152.6525. Thye were talking about programing the talk groups in the radios, they never gave out any info other than refering to the astro 25 master list.

NC5267

Sounds like VHF trunking, probably on a single freq. until all of the radios are programmed with trunking talkgroups.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I know the radios have been programmed. Haven't cut over to them yet. There will be a lot of new talk groups. For those of you who monitor Blanco County, for the first time in my memory, fire/EMS and law enforcement will be on separate talk groups.

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I know the radios have been programmed. Haven't cut over to them yet. There will be a lot of new talk groups. For those of you who monitor Blanco County, for the first time in my memory, fire/EMS and law enforcement will be on separate talk groups.

Yes, over the years there has been alot of drama with fire/ems. We have both north and south Vol. fire/EMS. The South end is very protective of maintaining its service area from the other Vol services.. We also now have the Round Mountain fire dept. starting to become very protective of their area. I would not be surprised if they all demanded their own little sytem within the system. I have contacted several people that work the Johnson City fire dept. They are scheduled to be at the fire house tomorrow and will let me know what they can.

rbarker

Robert
7170 is Burnet PD traffic (sounds like city PD)
7225 is Burnet EMS
heard on 158.7825 (I think this is off the155.5875 control ch)

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure those talk groups are wrong. Burnet PD, if I remember correctly, is dispatched by the Sheriff's office off of their north channel. I believe there is a Burnet Sheriff's North talk group. Burnet EMS is actually Burnet FD. Likewise, there are talk groups for South and North Burnet County for fire/EMS.

rbarker

Robert
7170 is called "Dispatch 1" it is police traffic and they call the dispatcher "Burnet". Locations given are in the city of Burnet.
7225 is EMS traffic and they also called their dispatcher "Burnet"
Burnet is a very small town. I think it's just 1 dispatch center, for city police, city fire, city EMS, County Fire, County EMS and County Sheriff. There may be a couple of other employees working the phones but that's it. It's the same with Blanco County but I haven't heard any trunked traffic out of Blanco. There was a 3rd talkgroup that popped up in the same 700's but it wasn't there long enough for me to identify who it was. I will try to listen more this upcoming weekend when I can hear them better.

Last edited:

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Burnet is also what they call the Sheriff's office. Will see what else I can find when I get my hands back on a radio. Burnet County SO dispatches for most agencies, but Marble Falls dispatches their own PD, FD, and EMS as well as Granite Shoals. Everyone in Blanco County is dispatched by the county Sheriff's office. I believe the same applies for Llano County.

rbarker

Robert
7165 Burnet Op1 Operations 1
7170 Burnet PD Dispatch 1 sounds like city PD units; also general broadcast to all north units
7225 Burnet FEMS fire and EMS dispatch mostly medical so far
7226 Fire to Burnet Co unit 4101 north of Briggs; County show all Bertram fire units clear
7230 Fire Tac Bertram FD units talking to each other

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed from Burnet SO -- 7170 is Burnet Dispatch 1. It's supposed to be all north units, including Burnet PD. Right now, being used by ALL Burnet County Sheriff's units. Eventually Burnet Dispatch 2 will be south units. Marble Falls to be cutting over to the trunked system in mid-March.

Status
Not open for further replies.