Tarrant County DPS Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

davynavy

Premium Subscriber
I have just updated my BCT8 with the re-banding program but still can't hear any units except TCC PD. I used Plan 2, I hope that was the right one. I have checked the frequencies and unit ID and they are the latest, and checked them against this website. Any suggestions?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have just updated my BCT8 with the re-banding program but still can't hear any units except TCC PD. I used Plan 2, I hope that was the right one. I have checked the frequencies and unit ID and they are the latest, and checked them against this website. Any suggestions?

They way I was reading the Tarrant County went to a new system P25 system

Fort Worth Regional Radio System Trunking System, Tarrant, Johnson Counties, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Also your BCT8 will not pick up the P25 system you'll need Digital scanner

Example
BCD436HP
BCD536HP
PSR800
PSR500
BCD396
BCD996
BCD396xt
BCD996xt

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That is interesting, Uniden stated it will. okay thanks.
Maybe the confusion is because the BCT-8 will pick up the analog Fort Worth/Tarrant County system. However, the various cities and agencies on that system are in the process of migrating to the Fort Worth Regional Radio System, which bravo14 already provided a link. Multiple threads here in the Texas Forum on the state of transition of individual cities and/or departments. The goal is for all users to move to the digital system, which also has "layers", or sub-systems if you prefer that term, for Mansfield, Northeast Tarrant County, and Johnson County. These replace their former systems or conventional channels (that's the case for Johnson County). Arlington will also be shifting to FWRRS, as well as Grand Prairie at some point.

jasday

It's pretty simple with encryption. The city believes they needed it, so they got it. All this is going to do is start the same old dead horse all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.