RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Bring Them On, Litigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn1nduk1 View Post
Yea. Midland so is on ops two for now. Range seems shorter. I still pick up in odessa on and astro saber iii. As far as ector goes they are on the regional system now. I never hear them on the p25 conventional. Guy I know is so reserve and said they all are on the trunked system. I have scanned the control channel and logged for some time. Yea the rescue is encrypted amongst other channels. Soon everyone will be encrypted. I figure lawsuits will come eventually.
One day, hopefully, the transparency of government entities and the public's right to know will be echoed in the halls of the U.S. Supreme Court. Of course, who am I kidding? With Homeland Insecurity, all bets are off.

Midland/Odessa has a rather unique situation where the community has recently experienced growth spurts from the oil industry. Hence, I believe crime & wrecks have skyrocketed. This comes with increased population in some cases.

Houston, Texas was faced with a simular situation of making their LE dispatch channels in the clear. They allowed for a general government layer for those who don't have Phase II scanners.
Old 07-14-2014, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
One day, hopefully, the transparency of government entities and the public's right to know will be echoed in the halls of the U.S. Supreme Court. Of course, who am I kidding? With Homeland Insecurity, all bets are off.

Midland/Odessa has a rather unique situation where the community has recently experienced growth spurts from the oil industry. Hence, I believe crime & wrecks have skyrocketed. This comes with increased population in some cases.

Houston, Texas was faced with a simular situation of making their LE dispatch channels in the clear. They allowed for a general government layer for those who don't have Phase II scanners.
You're right about the increase in wrecks around here. The fatality incidences have really increased, with 90% of them involving big oil field trucks or the big water tankers. I live just off FM1788, and the big rigs come down through there like they were in the Indy 500. Ditto on the dirt road where I live. I'm right across from an oil field and those water tankers come down my road at 55-60 mph, and it's a 15 mph speed zone. S.O. is just too busy to worry with it.

This weekend I was able to program Midland S.O.'s #2 ch. in my scanner and I'm hearing them again. I'm not sure what frequency to use for Ector S.O.

Just before I left the house I heard a serious mva just into Martin Co. where Martin and Midland both responded. An 18-wheeler rear-ended a small car, causing the car to roll, ejecting the driver and passenger who weren't belted in. I didn't hear the medical report as I was already headed out the door by then.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:09 PM
DataBase Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgoulet View Post
I'm not sure what frequency to use for Ector S.O.
Ector S.O. uses the Permian Basin Regional TRS.
Rules and guidelines for forum post content
Old 07-15-2014, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqscan View Post
Ector S.O. uses the Permian Basin Regional TRS.
I saw that. And when I scrolled down to Ector Co., it shows the talk groups, etc., but how do you find the frequency to enter into your scanner for each of those groups? It doesn't show the frequencies...at least that I could see.
Old 07-15-2014, 5:44 PM
DataBase Administrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Look at the system frequencies on the page. There are two sites in Odessa to program into your scanner. Hopefully you have a digital trunking scanner.
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2014, 3:53 PM

Smile

Quote:
Look at the system frequencies on the page. There are two sites in Odessa to program into your scanner. Hopefully you have a digital trunking scanner.
I looked at that. The frequencies they show for Odessa are OPD's digital trunk. All I saw for Ector Co. is under the heading DEC, the number 175 and 176. I don't know what that means. They're getting way ahead of me with all this new stuff! Whatever happened to good ol' 37.180??
Old 07-16-2014, 5:05 PM
DataBase Administrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

From the sounds of it, you do not have a digital trunking scanner that is needed to monitor this system.
Old 07-16-2014, 5:13 PM

Quote:
From the sounds of it, you do not have a digital trunking scanner that is needed to monitor this system.
I have two digital scanners: an RS Pro2096 and a Pro197.
Old 07-16-2014, 5:24 PM
DataBase Administrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Okay, on the 197, create a new system and add the frequencies for the two Odessa sites. Next, add the talk groups you wish to monitor. If you need more help, send me an email and I'll walk you through the process.
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2014, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Okay, on the 197, create a new system and add the frequencies for the two Odessa sites. Next, add the talk groups you wish to monitor. If you need more help, send me an email and I'll walk you through the process.
The 197 was programmed by a friend at one of the TV stations. I don't have my own computer, and I can't see how to program it manually. I was able to manually enter the Midland S.O. channel o.k. but not knowing the frequenices I couldn't do Ector County's.
Old 07-17-2014, 7:12 PM
DataBase Administrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Send me an email and I'll help you through the process.
Old 07-18-2014, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Send me an email and I'll help you through the process.
Email sent.

Tags
midland, sheriff, texas