RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 7:50 AM

Default Dallas Area Private Ambulances

Is anyone rat holing a list of D/FW frequencies, Trunked systems used by all the private ambulance companies in Dallas, Collin and Denton counties? I'm looking for Arcadian, Lone Star and any other not listed in the database on various LTR or Digital systems.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2014, 11:09 AM

If the private ambulance services are similar to those in Houston, many of those using radio systems are using pro-voice or similar difficult, if not impossible, to monitor systems, or cell phones/text messaging. Or, if in the clear, they use codes or client numbers to identify where they are dispatched to and where they are transporting their clients.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:47 AM

Allegiance and Lifeguard I know are on Nextel(or whatever it's called now). Don"t know what system Medic One uses, but it"s a UHF trunked system. TLC is on the Self system. Careflight changes systems more than some people change their oil. AMR is on their own conventional UHF system for Dallas and Collin County. You can get them on Ben Saldino's page. I don't know what Acadian uses. Some of the smaller services may use Nextel(?). Rockwall County is on 155.400.

Not as much fun as it was when 155.235 was used by two companies with no PL and everyone had their own systems.
Old 08-08-2014, 2:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Many of the private ambulance companies are on LTR systems.
Go to Dallas County, then scroll down to the bottom and look at all the trunking systems. From there look at man of the private LTR systems and some of the ambulance companies are listed.

As far as Nextel that system has been gone for over a year now. The entire iDen system nationwide was shutdown.
Careflite is using and has been using UHF LTR Passport for many years. So not sure what you mean by them changing systems more then some people changing their oil. Im also referencing Dallas County.
Old 08-08-2014, 3:48 PM

Yeah I know the one's on LTR's such as TLC, First Response, JPS, Childrens etc. I was looking for the ones Not in the database. Thanks for the info on Allegiance & Lifeguard. Careflite is on the new Megahertz Mototrbo system for the most part. And that system now has a tower in Sherman and I am noticing a lot of LTR users on various Sherman systems have vanished, my guess is they went to the TRBO. I guess Nextel or Sprint connect is still winning over customers. Guess its time to go get a hotel room for the weekend and scan some LTR systems in Dallas.
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2014, 10:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I concur that Allegiance uses Sprint for their communications. Be aware that they recently bought the DFW operations (and some other areas) of Lone Star and Guardian so there may be some consolidation and migration of those company's operations to match how Allegiance works.

To address the "Nextel shut down long ago" issue, be aware that the old Nextel push-to-talk system isn't the only thing that Sprint offers to businesses for their communications needs. I believe that this (https://www.sprint.com/business/solu...l#.U-WXtU10yUk) is what is being used today when folks say the EMS companies are using the Sprint or Nextel for their communications.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTracker View Post
Yeah I know the one's on LTR's such as TLC, First Response, JPS, Childrens etc. I was looking for the ones Not in the database. Thanks for the info on Allegiance & Lifeguard. Careflite is on the new Megahertz Mototrbo system for the most part. And that system now has a tower in Sherman and I am noticing a lot of LTR users on various Sherman systems have vanished, my guess is they went to the TRBO. I guess Nextel or Sprint connect is still winning over customers. Guess its time to go get a hotel room for the weekend and scan some LTR systems in Dallas.
I may set up the HP-1 with a selection of the LTR systems & let it run for a while. Lock out the "known", non-EMS talkgroups on the systems, and flip all of them to ID Scan.