Life Flight in/around Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKevin

I'm in Liberty County, right outside of Houston. I'm trying to locate the freq that Life Flight or any other medical copters use when landing in and around the Liberty area. I have a pro 95 and have entered all the control freqs for Starnet, but I still can't get the copter. How do they usually transmit, or who do they communicate with? Seems like I remember a few years back I picked them up and heard them saying "they are 2 minutes out", or something to that effect.

Thanks, This is a great site

Kevin

RESCUE4NFD

Lifeflight

Info on all Air Medical Helicopters in the state of Texas can be found by going to the RR Database click on the State of Texas,then click on MEDEVAC.Hope this helps........

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Their dispatch VHF airband frequency is 128.85 am. They are also on STAR-Net, don't know the TG off the top of my head. For ground contact depending on the agency (which band they use) they use:
VHF/Fire Mutual Aid-154.28
HAHERN-155.34
FM 1960 Fireground-458.075
ITAC 1-866.0125/821.0125
ITAC 2-866.5125/821.5125
STAR-Net Mutual Aid 1 and 2

You can try Harris County Mutual Aid 2 on the Starnet system. They simulcast on that I believe and almost all of the departments in Chambers County where I am use it to talk to Lifeflight. They also use fire-mutual aid VHF 154.280 and car to car alot.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
TG 21904 on STARNet, but you must be monitoring the Downtown site to hear them. They seldom (if ever) use any other site. Since they are flying they don't need to affiliate with other sites and control is in the Memorial Herman Hospital in the Med. Center. Other comms can be heard as previously mentioned.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
loumaag said:
TG 21904 on STARNet, but you must be monitoring the Downtown site to hear them. They seldom (if ever) use any other site. Since they are flying they don't need to affiliate with other sites and control is in the Memorial Herman Hospital in the Med. Center. Other comms can be heard as previously mentioned.

Actually, they use the Tomball and Clodine towers too. They occasionally affiliate with the Hempstead tower when they are out that way. By the way, the bases have radios too (Hooks, Hermann, I don't know the other ones).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanfan03 said:
Actually, they use the Tomball and Clodine towers too. They occasionally affiliate with the Hempstead tower when they are out that way. By the way, the bases have radios too (Hooks, Hermann, I don't know the other ones).
Well yes they may affiliate with another tower, but at all times the control center is affiliated with the downtown site, 21904 will always appear on that site, no matter where the helo is. BTW, it was mentioned before about the AM frequency (128.8500) and that really should be listened to if you are not "out in the sticks", as other medical air transport aircraft use that to communicate with Herman either inbound or outbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.