Ham DMR Repeaters in West Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb5nia

Does anyone know the status of the repeaters in the DMR West Texas System? Lubbock seems to be on the air, but I don't hear anyone on it. I have talked to a ham in Grapevine on the statewide channel, but nothing heard on the other channels.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the status of the repeaters in the DMR West Texas System? Lubbock seems to be on the air, but I don't hear anyone on it. I have talked to a ham in Grapevine on the statewide channel, but nothing heard on the other channels.

Lubbock is on the air, Amarillo is up, and most of Midland/Odessa.

Just FYI, West Texas local is Talk Group 10.

Lee KC5DTN is usually around on local.

North America is on a PTT timer. Key up the TG and it will stay active for 15 minutes past the last local keyup.

wb5nia

Local Channel

Thanks for the reply. It answers some of my questions, but here is one I'm wondering about. Is the local channel linked to all of the West Tx DMR repeaters, or just the repeater I go into?

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
The "local" Talk Group is linked to Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa as well as a repeater in Tuscon Arizona.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
Any time! Happy to help. I don't live in Lubbock any longer but have direct connections to the owner of the repeaters. Until it can get changed out, I am actually providing internet connection to the Lubbock machine.
I can be found on state wide though!

Don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions. K5TLF1 at gmail dot com.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I'll probably get around to cabineting and swapping the internet over within the next month.

Bobby, I try and key West Texas around quitting time everyday. I've been in Midland/Odessa since Jonathan and I moved the Lubbock repeater shortly before he moved...I move back into the area this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.