Temple PD Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Today, I finally heard Temple PD via new ProVoice upgrade. I believe 09-041 is Temple PD Dispatch and 09-052 is Temple PD, channel 3 (talk). I will continue to monitor and eventually submit.

Ensnared

436/536HP ProVoice Listeners Bell Co

Since I work in Temple and don't reside there, I am wanting to know if there are other 436/536HP listeners with the ProVoice upgrade living in Bell County who would like to assist me in finding ProVoice talk groups for eventual submission to the RR DB?

Ensnared

Temple Tac 1

Goodness, Temple PD is assisting me in identifying the various ProVoice talk groups in the area. Yes, they are saying, "are you on Tac 1 or go to channel 3." I am now at working monitoring between patients, possible with patients if I get my earphone out, LOL.

I have'n't been this excited about identifying talk groups in a very long time. In fact, not being able to hear Temple PD was a contributing factor in me now moving from Waco where I currently reside.

So, here is my latest capture.

TG 09-042 is Temple PD Tac 1.

Ensnared

Christmas Parade Yields Temple PD Tac 2

Today, after work at 5:00 pm, I was heading west on Adams from 23rd. I began noticing barricades, vehicular congestion, and then I heard someone come over on a new ProVoice talk group and say it was Tac 2. The talk group was that of Temple PD TAC 2, 09-043.

Ensnared

Fishing for TGs

You'd think I would be hearing tons of wild rides in the area of Temple, Texas where the crime rate is rather high. But, not so. Since I don't stay overnight, it is harder to capture the night channels such as street crimes. Tonight, I think I snagged one, but I'm not sure about the type of traffic I'm hearing. I don't know if it is CID or Detectives. I heard two officers talking about watching for someone on 31st street. This was on TG 09-061. I will patiently wait between patients, LOL. I am getting finger fatigue from hitting avoid for all of the other analog talk groups on this system.

Ensnared

Another Hit

Today, while monitoring Temple PD talkgroups, I discovered yet another. I heard radio traffic on 09-045. I will attempt to learn what type of transmissions are on this talkgroup, but I could use some help from the locals. Copperas Cove was also heard on ProVoice last night, very loud transmissions in comparison to Temple.

Last edited:

kd5mtg

Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for your hard work, Temple is probably the closest PV system for me to test out my upgrade, I travel across the country on my job, so it may take me a couple of weeks to get home to test it out. My antenna sits on a 50 foot tower in Milam county, I should be able to hear Temple from home, although I've never tried listening to the Bell County public safety system, but have no trouble hearing the Temple area amateur radio systems.

Ensnared

Finally, Another Listener

Thanks for your hard work, Temple is probably the closest PV system for me to test out my upgrade, I travel across the country on my job, so it may take me a couple of weeks to get home to test it out. My antenna sits on a 50 foot tower in Milam county, I should be able to hear Temple from home, although I've never tried listening to the Bell County public safety system, but have no trouble hearing the Temple area amateur radio systems.

Thank you for responding, I was starting to think there were no listeners out there. Yes, I have been able to pull in Temple PD from McGregor and Waco on my 1/4 wave mobile antenna. I have a friend I recommended a 436HP for his wife to buy him at Christmas. He lives in Gatesville in a low spot behind a small mountain, large hill. I was going to recommend that he get an outside antenna to pull in Waco, Temple.

The loudest player in this game seems to be Copperas Cove. When they key up, you can hear them very well. Yes, this has opened up a wonderful scanning environment to me since Temple is where I work.

So, I have been deactivating service types while putting the Bell County system in talk group ID search model. I have identified another talk group, but it is unknown. I've figured out most of the rest.

I would surely appreciate any help you could offer.

Ensnared

Another TG

Today, I intercepted additional traffic on 09-097. It sounded like detectives watching someone. I am going to be monitoring this TG as well as the other unidentified TG listed above, 09-61.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Belton PD uses Provoice. Killeen IIRC still uses analog.

Most other LE traffic in Bell County is on the East, West, and Main channels. County also dispatches Belton Fire on their published talkgroups, not sure about PD.

Ensnared

Belton

Belton PD uses Provoice. Killeen IIRC still uses analog.

Most other LE traffic in Bell County is on the East, West, and Main channels. County also dispatches Belton Fire on their published talkgroups, not sure about PD.

Thus far, I thought I was listening to Temple. In fact, I have heard a great deal of traffic about activities and surveillance along 31st street. I was hearing surveillance today on one of the channels. In fact, I recorded it to listen to it again. I am still attempting to figure this one out. Thanks for the information. I still hear Belton PD on analog, but then again, maybe I don't, it has been a while.

Ensnared

Temple TAC 3 Analog

For unknown reasons, possible because not everyone is on digital, Temple PD is still using analog TAC 3, TG 02-025. Today, I was waiting on officers to go to TAC 3 thinking it was digital, but I was wrong.

Onward Through The Fog

Ensnared

French Quarter Burger

Today, while at French Quarter (which is closing in January, 2016), I noticed a pickup outside with loads of antennas. There were more antennas on this vehicle than my pregnant roller skate.

Inside, I noticed someone behind me staring at my Uniden 436HP. After getting enough nerve, I asked, "is that your vehicle outside with all of the antennas? He told me that he worked at a radio service near Temple. Then, I popped the question, "will there be encryption?" He indicated, "no." Wow.

He also talked about Bell county migrating to Phase II P25 in the near future. However, when I checked on this, the RR DB did not show any phase II systems. At present, the Bell County P25 shows Phase I without any identified talk groups. So, this might turn into a robust scanning area. But, nothing in this area compares to the action experienced in Waco.

Today, I am hearing surveillance on 09-061. This sounds like narcotic traffic since they are making reference to target vehicles. \

Onward Through The Fog.

Ensnared

Thanks For Assistance

I will be moving there for college within a week or so, ill also upgrade and start monitoring.

I am assuming you are making reference to upgrading a 436/536HP, right? I have ID search activated. Between patients, and sometimes with them in the room with the radio on low volume, I monitor the radio in Temple. But, at night, when the action happens, I am back in Waco. So, yes, I would appreciate having some much needed help.

Thanks for your response.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
I am assuming you are making reference to upgrading a 436/536HP, right? I have ID search activated. Between patients, and sometimes with them in the room with the radio on low volume, I monitor the radio in Temple. But, at night, when the action happens, I am back in Waco. So, yes, I would appreciate having some much needed help.

Thanks for your response.

yeah, I have a 436 that I will be upgrading when I get there. Pretty exciting.

TaumusSr

I just ran across your thread. I was searching for some info on Temple PD because I haven't herd anything for awhile. I still hear some fire calls toned out on Temple talkgroup thou. I live in Belton and listen them and to most of BellCo on my old RS Pro 97? triple trunking hand held. It had been in storage for several years. I dusted it off a few weeks ago, put some new batteries in it and reprogrammed the entire thing by hand with RR DB info. I use to have software and cables, etc... but they are misplaced somewhere. The following info I think is correct but not positive. I hear 200 units (Belton PD) talking in my area.

508 03-154 A Belton PD LE 3 BELTON PD/MORGAN'S POINT DISPATCH Law Talk*
509 03-155 A Belton PD LE Tac 1 BELTON PD TAC 1 Law Talk*
321 02-081 A Bel PD MAIN BELTON PD MAIN Law Dispatch*

I don't have a new scanner to monitor the new technology. any suggestions on what to upgrade too?
I'm retired and up most nights monitoring and getting my old favorite music tunes together.
I'm new to this RR thread stuff so I apologize in advance if anything is not done correctly or I'm not posting things right. any help or advice is welcomed.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
Was in bell county a few days ago (DEC. 27th) and noticed Belton is still analog. seems like most if not all FD's, EMS are still analog. I just upgraded my radio (436hp) and moving to temple for college this Saturday so I'll start making a log of everything and start submitting here and to DB Admins.

Ensnared

Uniden 436/536 HP

I just ran across your thread. I was searching for some info on Temple PD because I haven't herd anything for awhile. I still hear some fire calls toned out on Temple talkgroup thou. I live in Belton and listen them and to most of BellCo on my old RS Pro 97? triple trunking hand held. It had been in storage for several years. I dusted it off a few weeks ago, put some new batteries in it and reprogrammed the entire thing by hand with RR DB info. I use to have software and cables, etc... but they are misplaced somewhere. The following info I think is correct but not positive. I hear 200 units (Belton PD) talking in my area.

508 03-154 A Belton PD LE 3 BELTON PD/MORGAN'S POINT DISPATCH Law Talk*
509 03-155 A Belton PD LE Tac 1 BELTON PD TAC 1 Law Talk*
321 02-081 A Bel PD MAIN BELTON PD MAIN Law Dispatch*

I don't have a new scanner to monitor the new technology. any suggestions on what to upgrade too?
I'm retired and up most nights monitoring and getting my old favorite music tunes together.
I'm new to this RR thread stuff so I apologize in advance if anything is not done correctly or I'm not posting things right. any help or advice is welcomed.

I looked at the Pro97 and from what I gather, it does not support re-banding. I don't know if Bell County EDACS has been re-banded or not. However, you won't be hearing Temple PD since they are on ProVoice digital. I believe you can hear the rest of Bell County though.

In order to receive Bell County in the furture, which is reportedly getting ready to go P25 digital, according to a reliable informant, you will eventually need a digital scanner. Reportedly, in the near future, Bell county will be migrating to a new digital system. I don't know whether this will be Phase I or Phase II digital, but I suspect the latter.

In order to hear Temple PD, or Phase II, there are only two radios capable of receiving both of these: Uniden 436 handheld and Uniden 536HP. If you buy either of these, you will still have to pay for a $50.00 ProVoice upgrade. If you just want to hear Phase II and not Provoice, there are several other radios capable of receiving Phase II.

For me, I only want to run the Unidens listed above because they do better on simulcast distortion. The radio you have was made by GRE. GRE was bought by Whistler. I believe most of the new RS scanners will be made by Whistler.

Here is where I bought my radio. Please, note, there are other places to buy this radio. You might have to do some research. Several weeks ago, this radio was being sold for $399. Now, it is up to this price. They run specials from time to time. http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-012895

Here are some more buying options. I would be careful and check to see these are factory authorized dealers. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...451759881&sr=8-1&keywords=436HP&condition=new

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.