LCRA EDACS monitoring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

So, I programmed the Lower Colorado River Authority ECACS standard system in two scanners but neither receives anything. I am currently working in Columbus, TX and I put in the Columbus, Flatonia, and Schulenberg sites using the 1,2,3,4,5 order of frequencies as listed in the RR database as the LCN order. When I start scanning the scanner quickly goes through all sites without finding a control channel. It does pause for less than1 second on the Columbus site and I see the S meter go from 0 to 5 bars and back to 0 bars quickly before it moves on to the other two sites where it finds no CC's and the whole process starts over. All I see on the display is the S meter quickly flash 5 bars on then off in about 1/4 of a second as it checks the Columbus site. I have the system type set as EDACS and the sites set as wide/standard. The scanner I used are a BCD396XT and a BCD 436HP. Any ideas what I did wrong?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
So, I programmed the Lower Colorado River Authority ECACS standard system in two scanners but neither receives anything. I am currently working in Columbus, TX and I put in the Columbus, Flatonia, and Schulenberg sites using the 1,2,3,4,5 order of frequencies as listed in the RR database as the LCN order. When I start scanning the scanner quickly goes through all sites without finding a control channel. It does pause for less than1 second on the Columbus site and I see the S meter go from 0 to 5 bars and back to 0 bars quickly before it moves on to the other two sites where it finds no CC's and the whole process starts over. All I see on the display is the S meter quickly flash 5 bars on then off in about 1/4 of a second as it checks the Columbus site. I have the system type set as EDACS and the sites set as wide/standard. The scanner I used are a BCD396XT and a BCD 436HP. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Did you purchase the EDACS ProVoice key from Uniden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim-B

According to the database the system is analog unless that is old information. Have they gone to provoice?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
It's actually showing that it's an APCO P25 Phase I System, and not EDACS. I thought it was an EDACS system when I looked a few months ago before going down to Kendall County. Maybe I was thinking of San Antonio's EDACS system though.

Try programming it as a P25

Also how are you programming? Manually or through Sentential?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Actually looking at it closer now, it looks like their transitioning from the EDACS system to a P25 system. Try programming both.

Tim-B

Okay. I saw the two different systems listed in the database. One is P25 and the other is EDACS.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Okay. I saw the two different systems listed in the database. One is P25 and the other is EDACS.

I was looking at it and it looks like they may have deprecated portions of it for the new P25 system, so maybe you can hear other things that aren't yet transitioned yet if you wanted to. But like I said, looks like they've began transitioning over to a new system.

Tim-B

Ya know, that's prolly it. I looked the agencies and talkgroup names of both and many that are on the edacs system are duplicated on the P25 system so they are probably moving over to that one. Guess I'm gonna hafta program that one in.

Tim-B

In the database there are some Lower Colorado River Authority talkgroups that have the following abbreviations:

LC CM 1
LC CM 2
LC CM 3
LC CM 4

Does anyone know what these abbreviations stand for?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
In the database there are some Lower Colorado River Authority talkgroups that have the following abbreviations:

LC CM 1

LC CM 2

LC CM 3

LC CM 4

Does anyone know what these abbreviations stand for?

All the database says is operations. So who really knows, could be used for something else once they get further down the line of migrating over to the new system, or maybe they have yet to be discovered the true use for it but someone's scanner got a hit as they were exploring this new system. All speculation from me since I am not farmiliar with that system a whole lot.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
The EDACS system is the 900 mhz system and they have pretty much transitioned to OpenSky now. With of few of the old analog sites still up. I have monitored the LCRA for a long time. The P25 system is what most of the LE and Fire operate on but Hays County agencies are on the OpeSky system.

rbarker

Robert
CM 1 would be Comm 1 It can also mean Capitol Metro (the bus service in Austin)
CM 2 would be Comm 2
CM 3 would be Comm 3

Myles

LCRA EDACS system appears pretty dead now in my experience when I've traveled from Houston to New Braunfels the last couple of years.
Stick to TxWARN for Columbus and LCRA P25 for other areas.
VHF is still in use by many agencies through there, some on FM, some moving to P25 and some Nexedge.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Can anyone in the areas that the old EDACS covers (pretty much most of the P25/Open Sky territories) check the 935-940 range and see if any EDACS sites are still even on the air? I can't get any EDACS control channels in the Kendall County area, only OpenSky control channels.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Monitored all three Kendall County towers today, only OpenSky data heard across the entire 935-940 range. EDACS is dead here. I will check the rest of them in my area when weather permits. I removed the OpenSky channels from the EDACS sites and deleted the control channel designators, but we cannot really deprecate the entire system until we verify where it is still active.

w5rah

I was in Fayette County earlier this week and was scanning the Smithville and Schulenberg sites mainly for Fayette County activity and heard nothing. I tried a few different sites, but did not hear anything. I did not try listening to the LCRA P25 system, but sounds like I need to check it out when I'm in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.