Houston Monitoring Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

Since Houston has about 800 kazillion talkgroups on the TX WARN system I would like to narrow down my monitoring a bit. If I am travelling through Houston on interstate 10 and I just want to monitor any talkgroup on which there would be radio traffic about any wreck or vehicle fire or other incident that would block or bottleneck traffic on the interstate then what Law Enf , Fire, and EMS talkgroups would I monitor so I can hear what is happening on the interstate but not any of the rest? I mean are there certain talkgroups that are mainly used by traffic units working in I-10?

jmontes77029

You could monitor the Houston Police Departments. Northeast HPD dispatch will cover all the East part of I10 ( East Freeway ) and you could monitor HPD Central and Westside to cover the west side of I 10 ( Katy Freeway) You can also monitor HPD Citywide and the Detectives talk group as they also drop major accidents on those channels. Monitor the Houston Fire Department Dispatch talk group for fire department incidents. Be advised that HPD and HFD are phase 2 but I believe you can use the Houston General Government site for phase 1 if you program the mutual aid talk group ( Ex.. Northeast Mutual Aid )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adcockfred

In real time it would be more effective to pull Up Tranrstar's real time traffic map. Also the state has a traffic number too, for outside the reach of Transtar.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
HPD Special Ops Dispatch is the best resource for freeway incidents citywide, but not every incident on the freeway is dispatched on SO, or even voiced over the radio. Traffic stops and speed enforcement are not voiced over the radio at all.

HCSO District 3 covers 10 on the east side outside of the city, and District 4 covers the west side. A handful of municipalities, such as Katy and the Villages have jurisdiction on 10 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.