Lago Vista PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt2296

Premium Subscriber
I'm new here and just purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I get everything in the world except Lago Vista Police frequency. Is there a special trick? Seems like I have tried everything?

Last edited by a moderator:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm new here and just purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I get everything in the world except Lago Vista Police frequency. Is there a special trick? Seems like I have tried everything?
Looking at Travis County's database page, I see Lago Vista listed as 155.5500, PL 79.7. However, the license for that is expired. They do have an active license for 159.5775, which is not on the database page. However, that is licensed as mobile units only, so possibly it is used as a backup, or for car-to-car.

Lago Vista does show on GATRRS as having talkgroup 3472. Make sure that is in your Favorites list. If simply using the main database, be sure that your location and range settings are correct, as well as service types.

rbarker

Robert
Lago Vista PD is on the LCRA Open Sky system. I don't know who submitted the talkgroup on GATRRS but i have never heard anything on it.

Colt2296

Premium Subscriber
Hi rbarker

Thanks for responding
I went to Lower Colorado Authority (LCRA) P25 - LCRA and don't see anything. Is the open sky system different? The only other one I see is Lower Colorado Authority (LCRA) EDACS. Sorry for my basic questions but I'm try to learn on a curve. This is still all new to me! thanks for any help. I live in Lago Vista and want to just get started with the local stuff first.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Open Sky = No listening

Hi rbarker

Thanks for responding
I went to Lower Colorado Authority (LCRA) P25 - LCRA and don't see anything. Is the open sky system different? The only other one I see is Lower Colorado Authority (LCRA) EDACS. Sorry for my basic questions but I'm try to learn on a curve. This is still all new to me! thanks for any help. I live in Lago Vista and want to just get started with the local stuff first.

I am sorry to inform you that you will never ever hear any Open Sky radio transmissions until the proprietary rights are satiated with cash. I seriously doubt that this will ever occur, but then again, I said the same thing about ProVoice. At present, there is no scanner that will work on Open Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.