RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 12:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Houston TxWarn P25

I have been using my 436HP in Houston; however, I am attempting to program my GRE PSR 500 for Houston.

I know that I have to use the General Services Layer for Houston PD for my PSR 500; however, I am confused about "Houston Public Safety" in the RFSS section. If I recall, I can only use the Houston General Government Services Simulcast, 3 (3) 005 (5) for my PSR 500. Is this correct? I cannot use the others in 3 (3) on my PSR 500? Am I correct, yes or no?
Old 03-19-2017, 5:12 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
I have been using my 436HP in Houston; however, I am attempting to program my GRE PSR 500 for Houston.

I know that I have to use the General Services Layer for Houston PD for my PSR 500; however, I am confused about "Houston Public Safety" in the RFSS section. If I recall, I can only use the Houston General Government Services Simulcast, 3 (3) 005 (5) for my PSR 500. Is this correct? I cannot use the others in 3 (3) on my PSR 500? Am I correct, yes or no?
That is the way I understand it as well. The listed sites in layer 3 that contain the verbiage 'Houston Public Safety...' only carry Phase II talkgroups, so your PSR500 would be ineffective. But it would work for the General Government Services simulcast, which carries the Phase I talkgroups you need to enter.

Also see this wiki article: Houston Police and Fire P25 - The RadioReference Wiki