Burnett County/Marble Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There are several sites listed in the GATTRS trunk system for Burnett County. If I were in the area of Marble Falls, which site or sites should I program in?

Thanks.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I'd program all 10 sites which make up Western Region. The critical sites for Marble Falls are Mustang (4A), Lookout Mountain (49), Round Mountain (4D) and Singleton Bend (45). If you want more of Burnet County services, you'll have to add 281 N (47), Watson (46) and Bertram (48).

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. The 10 Western Region channels are the ones in Blanco, Burnet, and Llano?

Gary

I'd program all 10 sites which make up Western Region. The critical sites for Marble Falls are Mustang (4A), Lookout Mountain (49), Round Mountain (4D) and Singleton Bend (45). If you want more of Burnet County services, you'll have to add 281 N (47), Watson (46) and Bertram (48).

Project25_MASTR

Correct. And because it's one of the VHF portions of the system with a decent amount of overlap it's difficult to know exactly where subscribers are going to affiliate, especially mobiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again. One last question. Who does the Intellirepeater on 800 Mhz serve? I added it in to the mix, but I don't know if it's necessary.

Correct. And because it's one of the VHF portions of the system with a decent amount of overlap it's difficult to know exactly where subscribers are going to affiliate, especially mobiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Thanks. I'll likely stick with the VHF sites.

So I actually got around to checking the database...Singleton Bend's site IDs are 03 and 45 (not 50 as listed). The IR you speak of, is just the 800 MHz side of the site. Next to all of Marble Falls subscriber traffic is VHF so have the 800 MHz site would likely result in missed traffic.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'll make sure that the IR site is locked out.

So I actually got around to checking the database...Singleton Bend's site IDs are 03 and 45 (not 50 as listed). The IR you speak of, is just the 800 MHz side of the site. Next to all of Marble Falls subscriber traffic is VHF so have the 800 MHz site would likely result in missed traffic.

rbarker

Robert
The intellirepeater is a fill-in site that is used for weaker radios that are in those areas like handhelds that can't reach the main site. They are intermittent so they only come up when a radio has defaulted to that site due to weak range. For instance say there was a brush fire along FM1431 between Lago Vista and Marble Falls and they were using a lot of handhelds. Then you are likely to hear a lot of the traffic on the itellirepeater also. The control channel for the intellirepeaters runs at a slower baud rate so when they are active, they can be better reception.

Project25_MASTR

The intellirepeater is a fill-in site that is used for weaker radios that are in those areas like handhelds that can't reach the main site. They are intermittent so they only come up when a radio has defaulted to that site due to weak range. For instance say there was a brush fire along FM1431 between Lago Vista and Marble Falls and they were using a lot of handhelds. Then you are likely to hear a lot of the traffic on the itellirepeater also. The control channel for the intellirepeaters runs at a slower baud rate so when they are active, they can be better reception.
They are no longer intellirepeaters though. They are full, 9600 baud trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.