RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2017, 9:26 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,731
Default Burnett County/Marble Falls

There are several sites listed in the GATTRS trunk system for Burnett County. If I were in the area of Marble Falls, which site or sites should I program in?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2017, 10:59 PM
MCore25's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lone Star Republic
Posts: 2,178
Default

I'd program all 10 sites which make up Western Region. The critical sites for Marble Falls are Mustang (4A), Lookout Mountain (49), Round Mountain (4D) and Singleton Bend (45). If you want more of Burnet County services, you'll have to add 281 N (47), Watson (46) and Bertram (48).

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
__________________
If a repeater IDs and no one is on frequency to hear it, does it even make a sound? Yes, because KC5MVZ is monitoring you…
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 6:40 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,731
Default

Thank you. The 10 Western Region channels are the ones in Blanco, Burnet, and Llano?

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCore25 View Post
I'd program all 10 sites which make up Western Region. The critical sites for Marble Falls are Mustang (4A), Lookout Mountain (49), Round Mountain (4D) and Singleton Bend (45). If you want more of Burnet County services, you'll have to add 281 N (47), Watson (46) and Bertram (48).

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 7:19 AM
MCore25's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lone Star Republic
Posts: 2,178
Default

Correct. And because it's one of the VHF portions of the system with a decent amount of overlap it's difficult to know exactly where subscribers are going to affiliate, especially mobiles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If a repeater IDs and no one is on frequency to hear it, does it even make a sound? Yes, because KC5MVZ is monitoring you…
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 8:11 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,731
Default

Thanks again. One last question. Who does the Intellirepeater on 800 Mhz serve? I added it in to the mix, but I don't know if it's necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCore25 View Post
Correct. And because it's one of the VHF portions of the system with a decent amount of overlap it's difficult to know exactly where subscribers are going to affiliate, especially mobiles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM
MCore25's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lone Star Republic
Posts: 2,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys View Post
Thanks again. One last question. Who does the Intellirepeater on 800 Mhz serve? I added it in to the mix, but I don't know if it's necessary.
I believe it is an interop repeater but I'm not 100% on that one.
__________________
If a repeater IDs and no one is on frequency to hear it, does it even make a sound? Yes, because KC5MVZ is monitoring you…
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 12:43 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,731
Default

Thanks. I'll likely stick with the VHF sites.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MCore25 View Post
I believe it is an interop repeater but I'm not 100% on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 3:54 PM
MCore25's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lone Star Republic
Posts: 2,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys View Post
Thanks. I'll likely stick with the VHF sites.
So I actually got around to checking the database...Singleton Bend's site IDs are 03 and 45 (not 50 as listed). The IR you speak of, is just the 800 MHz side of the site. Next to all of Marble Falls subscriber traffic is VHF so have the 800 MHz site would likely result in missed traffic.
__________________
If a repeater IDs and no one is on frequency to hear it, does it even make a sound? Yes, because KC5MVZ is monitoring you…
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2017, 7:24 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,731
Default

I'll make sure that the IR site is locked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCore25 View Post
So I actually got around to checking the database...Singleton Bend's site IDs are 03 and 45 (not 50 as listed). The IR you speak of, is just the 800 MHz side of the site. Next to all of Marble Falls subscriber traffic is VHF so have the 800 MHz site would likely result in missed traffic.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions