Waco P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I recently observed changes to the Waco P25 specific to new talk groups for Woodway and Robinson, Texas. I don't know what to believe since I am currently hearing Woodway on the Woodway P25, not the Waco Public Safety P25 system.

I have my 436HP set to the most annoying tone, seven. But, I have not heard a peep on any of these new talk groups.

I would like to know where this information was obtained.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Contact

Well, I heard Robinson PD coming in loud and clear on the Waco Public Safety P25 system. Nice job. Will be monitoring.

Last edited:

ce2576

Could it be that the Woodway talkgroups on the Waco P25 are simply
backup talkgroups should the Woodway P25 system ever go down?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recently observed changes to the Waco P25 specific to new talk groups for Woodway and Robinson, Texas. I don't know what to believe since I am currently hearing Woodway on the Woodway P25, not the Waco Public Safety P25 system.

I have my 436HP set to the most annoying tone, seven. But, I have not heard a peep on any of these new talk groups.

I would like to know where this information was obtained.
I think the changes may have originated here.
Could it be that the Woodway talkgroups on the Waco P25 are simply
backup talkgroups should the Woodway P25 system ever go down?
I was thinking along the same lines, Chris.

I'm seeing a somewhat similar pattern here in Kaufman County.

The county has a new P25 Phase II system, and users are moving over ti it, I presume, as new radios are received and programmed. However, while Forney and Terrell each have their own systems, I'm seeing a dedicated talkgroup for PD dispatch for both cities on the county system. There's been a couple of times that I've confirmed that the same traffic was going across on Forney's TRS as was being carried on their TGID on Kaufman's system. I need to either upgrade my antennas at home, or spend some time over in Kaufman County, with several scanners dedicated to each piece of the puzzle, to confirm what I'm seeing. As these are really out of range from my home, it's hard to verify if the conventional traffic on Vhf is also being repeated on the county TRS, and exactly how Terrell & Forney fit into this puzzle.

TLR2019

Random Member
Robinson PD wasnt even Listened for some reason

I Dont wanna Sound Selfish But i did put a ticket in for Waco Public Safety and Robinson PD.
im glad i can be a part in this community, and Help out :D

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Listened or Listed?

I Dont wanna Sound Selfish But i did put a ticket in for Waco Public Safety and Robinson PD.
im glad i can be a part in this community, and Help out :D

I don't understand what you are referring to when you say that Robinson wasn't even listened. Did you mean to say, "listed." If so, I suppose it is time to send Waco PD another FOIA request to confirm these changes and to see if there are additional Phase II talk groups.

Due to the annoying behavior of using ID search, I am going to use the FOIA process to confirm since I find it more reliable.

ce2576

I'm not sure what King85me is referring to either as Robinson PD was
added to the Waco P25 system 5 days ago.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
You put in a ticket to add information to a system that Robinson PD
doesn't even use. Majority of McClennan County uses this sytem:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7624

I confirmed the Robinson talkgroups by watching a drug arrest in person at the Pilot and listening to the radio traffic first hand by the 3 officers there. The fire talkgroup was confirmed the following morning involving a deceased child at a local address. I would suggest you refrain from calling me a liar as that is what you have essentially done here. I have been doing this since the mid 70's so it isn't my first rodeo.

ce2576

I would suggest you refrain from calling me a liar as that is what you have essentially done here.

I wasn't calling you a liar at all. Wow, not sure where you getting that.
You evidently lack the ability to distinguish between someone stating
you had made an error and someone calling you a liar. Those are
two completely separate things.

You stated that your ticket was for "Waco Public Safety"

That lead me to believe you were referring to the old 800 mhz trunked
radio system that McClennan County used to use. Thus the reason
for me stating that you had submitted information for a system no
longer in use. How is that in any way, shape or form insinuating that
you are a liar. That was simply a reference to the fact that I had
'thought' you made an error with your submission. And by the way
I wasn't the only one confused by your post and the way it was
worded.

Evidently you were referring to the Waco P25 system that McClennan
county now uses. I see that now and apologize for my previous post.
It was made in error. But IN NO WAY did I call you a liar. Sorry but
that is FLAT OUT FALSE.

I'm man enough to admit I erred with my previous response to
your post. Perhaps when you get off your high-horse, you can
see fit to apologize for your totally baseless accusations.

BTW...I have been scanner hobbyist for 20 years.
I'm not exactly a newbie to this hobby either.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Since I started this post, I would appreciate having some civility. I, like others, am not attempting to step on toes. I greatly appreciate any and all the help I can get here in Waco, particularly for figuring out radio systems. Please, let's work as a team in figuring this stuff out. Folks, it is hard enough to deal with my wife, I don't need any trouble here, LOL. Lighten up! Life is far too short.

At present, Baylor PD DMR is driving me nuts. But, I have yet to get my SDR dongle, one remaining, in order to analyze this system.

While reviewing this, I ran across this article in the Waco Tribune Herald. Woodway wasted money on their efforts with Bearcon, particularly in purchasing the paired marine band frequencies needed to run the system. Some of the original frequencies were changed due to complications with other radios in the area. Hewitt moves forward with bond for roads, radios, fire truck | Hewitt | wacotrib.com

Again, when I get time, I am going to: a) call the Waco PD PIO to see what his new email address is so that I can submit another FOIA request and be done with it. I hesitate to do this with Woodway because of all the trouble I've had over the years with them (see Woodway thread).

I've never been lit up on a bicycle, but Woodway pulled me over like a friggin automobile. I had scanner in hand.

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
At present, Baylor PD DMR is driving me nuts. But, I have yet to get my SDR dongle, one remaining, in order to analyze this system.

Interesting. I was talking with their cheif a few months ago and he was unboxing two or three APX6000 portables and had two APX6500 mobiles in the box.

I can also confirm that as of the same time, there are no DMR capable mobiles in their cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Monkey Scratches Head

Interesting. I was talking with their cheif a few months ago and he was unboxing two or three APX6000 portables and had two APX6500 mobiles in the box.

I can also confirm that as of the same time, there are no DMR capable mobiles in their cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this biped is even more confused after having read this since the FCC license specifically mentions Police. How very odd. Still, the frequency emissions designators indicated DMR. Maybe this was referring to the operations of said university. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQMM459

Back to Waco P25. I will be working on the FOAI letter this weekend.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Here We Go Again

I would imagine, collectively, many dollars have been wasted by various municipalities when it comes to radio systems and interoperability. I suppose some of the worst cases involved Open Sky.

In keeping with this thread, I am still wondering what is going on with Waco P25 and other agencies.

Oddly enough, in the news feed last night, Hewitt PD was talking about building a "new radio system." So, now, we will have four main trunking systems here? Woodway, Waco, LLV and now Hewitt

Hewitt Public Safety to get radios that allow them to communicat - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

I am starting to hear the sounds of rooting swine from the political realm. In other words, this stinks.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Great Catch

I confirmed the Robinson talkgroups by watching a drug arrest in person at the Pilot and listening to the radio traffic first hand by the 3 officers there. The fire talkgroup was confirmed the following morning involving a deceased child at a local address. I would suggest you refrain from calling me a liar as that is what you have essentially done here. I have been doing this since the mid 70's so it isn't my first rodeo.

What a great story! You and I have been monitoring scanners about the same time. That is when I started,seventies. My first, Bearcat IV.

I need more people like you coming to town to help me out. I totally missed this migration and had no clue of the changes.

Today, for the first time, I heard Woodway key up. But, I also heard Woodway using their old system on Saturday. I think many LE agencies need to climb on board. I know the LLV and Woodway were designed by the same bunch of buffoons. They have had tons of trouble with this system, overall.

The next time you come to town, let me know and I will come buy you a cup of Joe. Again, thanks for helping out. BTW: PM about your guitars.

Last edited:

mbarnold12

Premium Subscriber
The “Woodway” talkgroups y’all are referring to are actually Lorena PD’s new talkgroups on the Waco P25 system. Lorena PD migrated over towards the beginning of this year, and Woodway is still dispatching for them. When Lorena is being dispatched by Woodway, the Lorena talkgroups are patched in with the Woodway P25 system. That would explain why y’all are hearing Woodway on those talkgroups, but in fact they are actually Lorena PD’s talkgroups.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
The “Woodway” talkgroups y’all are referring to are actually Lorena PD’s new talkgroups on the Waco P25 system. Lorena PD migrated over towards the beginning of this year, and Woodway is still dispatching for them. When Lorena is being dispatched by Woodway, the Lorena talkgroups are patched in with the Woodway P25 system. That would explain why y’all are hearing Woodway on those talkgroups, but in fact they are actually Lorena PD’s talkgroups.

No they are not Lorena. I heard the officers identify as Woodway on those talkgroups that I submitted. If Lorena uses them then so be it but I heard Woodway by name so there is no doubt in my mind they are on the listed talkgroups.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Confusion

Since I started this thread, I expect all participants to be cordial & respect the opinions of others. Acting childish in this forum is disallowed!

This is getting a bit confusing.

I am going to put this issue to rest by submitting what I should have done in the first place, an FOIA submission to Waco PD.

I have heard Robinson PD talking on the reported Robinson talk groups, not Lorena.

Again, let's not try to engage in ego-bruising behavior in an effort to figure this out. I would appreciate a team approach. If not, I will turn this over to the moderator of this thread.

I am talking about everyone within this thread. I wasn't targeting the quote I listed here. I am attempting to figure this out.

In my opinion, it is difficult to dispute "direct observation" of the units in question. That is verification to me.

Again, I am going to be submitting a FOIA submission later tonight. Then, we will deal with the outcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.