RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Texas Radio Discussion Forum

Texas Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Texas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2018, 10:35 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

On the new P25 SETRRS system, it appears that the 'new', digital, talkgroups were derived by dividing the corresponding TGID on the old Type II SETRRS system by 16.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2018, 5:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Little late to the party here, but I saw someone mention P25 on the Silsbee site didn't sound to good on their BCD436HP. Mine is loud, clear and crisp sounding fwiw.
Old 12-01-2018, 6:04 PM

Are you in Silsbee? My closet tower is the Bragg Tower and I've had some issues with that particular site on my 436....
As for the P25 traffic, it's the same problem found in almost all simulcast systems....loss of audio, garbled transmissions, missed communications. I have the same issue with the old 651
Old 12-01-2018, 6:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFire3 View Post
Are you in Silsbee? My closet tower is the Bragg Tower and I've had some issues with that particular site on my 436....
As for the P25 traffic, it's the same problem found in almost all simulcast systems....loss of audio, garbled transmissions, missed communications. I have the same issue with the old 651
Ahh gotcha... I'm in Lumberton. I've been out of consistently scanning since the beginning of the year as I moved and had aquired about 100 AA Eneloop batteries over the years and lost them all during the move. Never turned up.

When I checked out the site today it was exciting to see P25 within range. So I decided to use some of those expensive alkalines laying around.

Nice to see another local enthusiast!
Old 12-01-2018, 6:30 PM

Iím north of Kountze, and there is multiple sites you should be scanning, there is a Silsbee, Sour Lake, which is new, and a Beaumont along with the Bragg. that mine scans through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2018, 6:35 PM

I donít know about other scanners but my sds100 picks up the new P25 system a lot better than the older system. And Beaumont PD is always clear. My HP2 does really well also at home

Old 12-01-2018, 7:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxScanner View Post
I don’t know about other scanners but my sds100 picks up the new P25 system a lot better than the older system. And Beaumont PD is always clear. My HP2 does really well also at home

Is the new Sour Lake site the 700mhz freqs linked earlier in this thread? If so, I'll just manually create that site in Sentinel and add freqs as they aren't listed in the DB yet?

I've never been able to pick up the Bragg site from Lumberton. Always keep it turned off.

Thanks for the info. ��

Last edited by giant22000; 12-01-2018 at 7:31 PM..
Old 12-01-2018, 7:31 PM

Yeah itís in the DB, and before that new site, when I went to Beaumont it didnít pick us Hardin County at all, now it picks up great and shows Sour Lake as site and Beaumont sometimes

Old 12-01-2018, 7:35 PM

If you go to DB, and add the new P25 System, sour lake is one of the sites. Bragg is mostly for Kountze Fire, and older system I think, not Digital, I think

Old 12-01-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant22000 View Post
Is the new Sour Lake site the 700mhz freqs linked earlier in this thread? If so, I'll just manually create that site in Sentinel and add freqs as they aren't listed in the DB yet?

I've never been able to pick up the Bragg site from Lumberton. Always keep it turned off.

Thanks for the info.
Yes, sour lake is the new 700mhz frreqs

Old 12-06-2018, 10:53 PM

The last time I checked the Hardin County 700 frequencies there was no control chann
el activity
Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 PM

Ive had my sds100 updated since the new system got updated, ive the new Sour Lake and Beaumont sites on it too, and before when i went to Beaumont, i never picked up Hardin County, now i pick it up great it when they come on, ive seen it using the sour lake and Beaumont sites. So far i have the sheriff dispatch, sheriff ch.2, sheriff tac 1 and 2, Silsbee pd 1 and Tac 1, Lumberton PD ch.2 and Acadian EMS Dispatch on the new system. It’s setup scanning with I’d search, so if anything comes up thats not programmed, it comes up as “unknown” and shows the TGID. Then i update my scanner with sentinel