AMR Freq's and BCT8

Status
Not open for further replies.

alottabull

I am fairly new to scanning so please bear with me. AMR recently took over the EMS contract in Milam county. I have a uniden BCT8 but cannot program their 151.2425 or 159.4275 into my scanner. It rounds them up to a higher frequency. I also cannot program a 159.2175 or a 152.0075 freq. I was able to program one freq with 7 digits which was 453.3125.

Will my scanner not program these freq's? Why wouldn't it? It is a fairly new model I thought.....

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I think those frequencies you are trying to enter are narrow band, and the BCT8 doesn't support narrowband (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, it will round it up, you will still hear them, but the audio will be distorted and low. If the BCT8 does support narrowband, then you may have to manually change the step size.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You can't change step size in the BCT8. You were able to program in 453.3125 because the scanner will do 12.5khz splits on UHF. It will not do 7.5 Khz splits, which is what you would need for the narrow band VHF frequencies. The step size on VHF is 5Khz.

Gary

SCPD

QRT
The good news is, on VHF it dosn't really matter too much. Round out to the nearest 5kHz step and go with it, monitoring a 7.5kHz frequency in 5kHz will be almost true. you "Might" hear a slight bit of noise from the untrue spacing, but the radio will still be able to decode the CTCSS or DCS and/or any trunk ID.

If you are still completely unsatisfied, simply return the radio to its previous location and Buy a BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D or a Pro-95 (with PC programming the 95 does 7.5 kHz Narrow VHF)

twolf816

i have a BCT8 and it wont program those freqs in. but you should still be able to pick it up with the freqs it changes your input to.

Status
Not open for further replies.