01/22/19 - Updates for WS108x, WS109x and TRX1&2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!
Happy gloomy Tuesday - at least it is cold and gloomy here!

We have a few updates for you today. Files should be live for download at 2:30pm CST today.

Happy Scanning!

Here are the release notes:

TRX-1/2

• Updated copyright dates to include 2019.​
  • Updated the NOAA Weather Radio Link.​
  • Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR/NXDN) channels were being shown as Analog.​
  • Added a DelayTime column in Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID imports from CSV file or Clipboard. This allows setting of the delay time in individual imported objects. Valid range is 0 to 6000 seconds. Setting the value to 0 will disable the delay option.​
  • Changed the way update and skipped items when updating from the library are shown. The updated column will now only be incremented when an object is actually changed.​

WS1080/88/95/98/Legacy Updated models

• Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR) channels were being shown as Analog.​
  • Added a DelayTime column in Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID imports from CSV file or Clipboard. This allows setting of the delay time in individual imported objects. Valid range is 0 to 6000 seconds. Setting the value to 0 will disable the delay option.​
  • Changed the way update and skipped items when updating from the library are shown. The updated column will now only be incremented when an object is actually changed.​

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
This is a software update, not a firmware DSP update right?

Paul

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I'm a bit confused on the delay time, Is it a variable where I can set so the scanner will resume scanning after x number of seconds , regardless of activity?

It will come it very handy when the radio stops on a dead carrier on unattended scanning!

budevans

Thank you. I'm a bit confused on the delay time, Is it a variable where I can set so the scanner will resume scanning after x number of seconds , regardless of activity?

No. The Delay setting is the period of time that the scanner will remain (hold) on a Frequency or Talk Group after a transmission has ceased.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for clarification, would be great if we have such feature so that the scanner would not get locked up on a channel during limit search!

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone try doing a database update and writing to scanner ?

Software just stops responding for me

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Did anyone try doing a database update and writing to scanner ?

Yes it's been working fine. One thing to note... after I dump my recordings into EZSCAN and then review/delete them OR make any changes to my codeplug, I've programmed myself to always close EZSCAN. I wait about 10 seconds and then launch EZSCAN again... and only then do I upload my codeplug.

(Knock wood)

Since doing this I haven't had any corruption or failed write issues -- which seemed to happen every once in a while. That being said, I try to archive my codeplug regularly. :)

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Had to run as administrator to get it working.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Has Whistler considered combining EZ-Scan versions so that there is a single version to take care of the entire line of database-aware radios? It would be a lot easier for those of use with a couple (or more) radios than to have to have multiple applications to update, database updates to perform and make it easier to share files across our fleet of scanners.

I would imagine the file structure is similar or identical so it shouldn't be that hard to do, but as I am not a programmer maybe there is a good reason they aren't.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
N9JIG - this has been addressed in the Legacy Update, 1088/1080 and 1098/1095 scanners used EZ scan but not TRX version, when you send in your 10xx Series Scanners they can use the TRX EZ scan as Default. however older scanner like the 1040/1068/1010 Scanners cant Handle the EZ scan and Cannot be Updated to Newer Software. you can Still Update Database as Usual.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Is this an update for EZSCAN PC Application? I just checked mine and says I already have the latest firmware update 4.8 June 30, 2017. Already have the latest DSP Firmware 3.2 August 1, 2018. Already have the latest PC Application. Is this an update with no new revision number? I have the pro-668 with the Whistler Legacy Upgrade to WS-1080 with DMR

BrianG61UK

Is this an update for EZSCAN PC Application? I just checked mine and says I already have the latest firmware update 4.8 June 30, 2017. Already have the latest DSP Firmware 3.2 August 1, 2018. Already have the latest PC Application. Is this an update with no new revision number? I have the pro-668 with the Whistler Legacy Upgrade to WS-1080 with DMR
Yes. Updated EZSCAN PC Application only. Nothing else.

bpittman

Hi everyone!
Happy gloomy Tuesday - at least it is cold and gloomy here!

We have a few updates for you today. Files should be live for download at 2:30pm CST today.

Happy Scanning!

Here are the release notes:

TRX-1/2

• Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR/NXDN) channels were being shown as Analog.​

WS1080/88/95/98/Legacy Updated models

• Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR) channels were being shown as Analog.​
Wendy, I have a refurb 1098 for about a year and love it. Is the DMR upgrade available for it? Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.