01/22/19 - Updates for WS108x, WS109x and TRX1&2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfletcher268

Hi everyone!
Happy gloomy Tuesday - at least it is cold and gloomy here!

We have a few updates for you today. Files should be live for download at 2:30pm CST today.

Happy Scanning!

Here are the release notes:

TRX-1/2

• Updated copyright dates to include 2019.​
  • Updated the NOAA Weather Radio Link.​
  • Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR/NXDN) channels were being shown as Analog.​
  • Added a DelayTime column in Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID imports from CSV file or Clipboard. This allows setting of the delay time in individual imported objects. Valid range is 0 to 6000 seconds. Setting the value to 0 will disable the delay option.​
  • Changed the way update and skipped items when updating from the library are shown. The updated column will now only be incremented when an object is actually changed.​

WS1080/88/95/98/Legacy Updated models

• Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR) channels were being shown as Analog.​
  • Added a DelayTime column in Conventional, Talkgroup, and Radio ID imports from CSV file or Clipboard. This allows setting of the delay time in individual imported objects. Valid range is 0 to 6000 seconds. Setting the value to 0 will disable the delay option.​
  • Changed the way update and skipped items when updating from the library are shown. The updated column will now only be incremented when an object is actually changed.​
Wendy -- has Whistler given attention to the many concerns about tail squelch in the VHF-low bands? I'm an avid CHP listener, and the TRX-2 was pretty-much useless on many of their frequencies due to tail squelch. Adjusting the squelch did not help at all. When you adjust the squelch enough to eliminate the tail squelch, you can't receive the signal. There was no in-between.

sfletcher268

The last update that I heard on the TRX-200 was first quarter 2019. I would have expected photos, specs, maybe even pre-orders by now if Whistler was going to meet that timeline. Any updates?

sfletcher268

Hi everyone!
Happy gloomy Tuesday - at least it is cold and gloomy here!

We have a few updates for you today. Files should be live for download at 2:30pm CST today.

Happy Scanning!

Here are the release notes:

TRX-1/2

• Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR/NXDN) channels were being shown as Analog.​

WS1080/88/95/98/Legacy Updated models

• Fixed a display issue on the scanlists tab where a digital (DMR) channels were being shown as Analog.​
Wendy - my TRX-2 is crippled by tail squelch in the VHF-low bands. In particular, 44.66. Others have concerns about this too, but I'm yet to see any fixes or recommendations from Whistler.

fires999

Good Morning Wendy from a very gloomy UK , wonder if you can help ?
I currently have a TRX-1 purchased from a UK supplier the week they were released over here and not long after that the guys at Moonraker plugged my radio into their pc for an update - Unfortunately that was a while ago and haven't had chance to get back for any further firmware/software updates.
Could someone please just tell me the latest version numbers ? I am planning to get the radio sorted this weekend, also can I just update the latest version or do i have to update ALL of the versions in date/time order ?
Hope the forum is ok with my post , apologies if this is in the wrong section.
Just for info , UK is quite heavy into its commercial DMR and my TRX-1 is I think, perfect for the job !
Many thanks in advance,
Kevin (UK Firefighter assigned to United States Airforce in the East of England ):)

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I went to write some new Scan Lists to my TRX-1 for an upcoming trip and it prompted me to update firmware (which I did last week), and the prompt told me a new one was available, so I clicked to update firmware and it has been stuck at 53% for almost 45 minutes. Internet connection is fine. There is no 'cancel' option. If I unseat it during the frozen update will it possibly corrupt my card? Never had this happen before with the updates. Any ideas before I take the plunge?

JD
kf4anc

DJ11DLN

I went to write some new Scan Lists to my TRX-1 for an upcoming trip and it prompted me to update firmware (which I did last week), and the prompt told me a new one was available, so I clicked to update firmware and it has been stuck at 53% for almost 45 minutes. Internet connection is fine. There is no 'cancel' option. If I unseat it during the frozen update will it possibly corrupt my card? Never had this happen before with the updates. Any ideas before I take the plunge?

JD
kf4anc
Shouldn't bother the card but it may brick the radio and you would have to reload the firmware to resuscitate it. Grecom types don't involve the card in DSP/firmware updates, it's direct from the computer to the scanner.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Exactly what it did (brick) and what I did. It took the update the second time around and it wrote the Vscan folder to the scanner. I've never had an update act like that. I even took one of the batteries out and when I put it back in it was still bricked with a progress read on the scanner. That was a little scary. But, all is well and updated and new Scan Lists loaded into the TRX-1 and ready for the trip. Thanks for the replies

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.