Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my home shack with my 2 radio shack pro 2096 top one is scanning the Colorado DTRS and the bottom scans Air, UHF&VHF. The top uses the 800mhz rubber antenna from radio shack and the bottom uses the stock antenna that works for the limits of what I can get in my apartment( no window or exterior antennas allowed) the XTS 2500’s are my work issued radios on the 800 band DTRS system.

My ford focus is a 03 with a flexible RAM mount mounted to the seat rail of the passenger seat the radio is a radio shack pro 106 attached to a radio shack magnetic multi band scanner antenna mounted on the roof. The pro 106 monitors DTRS, VHF and UHF systems.

Attachments

• home shack 1.jpg
    home shack 1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3,802
  • home shack 2.jpg
    home shack 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,741
  • home shack 3.JPG
    home shack 3.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 3,914
  • mobile shack 1.JPG
    mobile shack 1.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 3,640
  • mobile shack 2.JPG
    mobile shack 2.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 3,569

canav844

Have a zoomed out picture of the car interior? So I can see how the scanners look with the dash and such?

I sympathize with apartment living, I've got wire J-poles strategically placed inside.

tower compromise

Yea the compromise with the wife currently is if I keep it simple wile we live in our apartment she will let me have a tower and a room when we get the house so I wait patiently lol.

Here are some better pictures from inside the car, its a little dusky living on dirt roads.

Attachments

• mobile shack 3.JPG
    mobile shack 3.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 4,408
  • mobile shack 4.JPG
    mobile shack 4.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 3,764
This is my home shack with my 2 radio shack pro 2096 top one is scanning the Colorado DTRS and the bottom scans Air, UHF&VHF. The top uses the 800mhz rubber antenna from radio shack and the bottom uses the stock antenna that works for the limits of what I can get in my apartment( no window or exterior antennas allowed) the XTS 2500’s are my work issued radios on the 800 band DTRS system.

My ford focus is a 03 with a flexible RAM mount mounted to the seat rail of the passenger seat the radio is a radio shack pro 106 attached to a radio shack magnetic multi band scanner antenna mounted on the roof. The pro 106 monitors DTRS, VHF and UHF systems.
Are you in Pueblo or further south like Walsenburg? or BlackForest.

Gotta use what you got I figured it works just a well and a lot cheaper then a metal stand. I might upgrade to one eventually but I have had this one set up like this for 2 years with out any problems. thanks for the coments

R1VINCE

Great setup-thanks for sharing!

Understanding the limitations of both your desktop, and the fact that you live in an apartment - of all the things you cant/couldnt put on top of your desk - You have a microscope. now im jealous(really). Thats cool!

Last edited:

CMale0624

Premium Subscriber
Hope you hide all that stuff if you're on your way home and you have to stop and pick up a gallon of milk. I'd be worried carrying all those goodies around but then again......I live in Miami. Osloviking1975, is there a need for a scanner there, my brother got married there and it's a "One Traffic Light Town".

ScannaMan9

Paper

Yea the compromise with the wife currently is if I keep it simple wile we live in our apartment she will let me have a tower and a room when we get the house so I wait patiently lol.

Here are some better pictures from inside the car, its a little dusky living on dirt roads.

Paper covering steering wheel badge???

If you're blocking FORD, you said it clearly above (first post)

Why do you have a microscope? (in pic. #1)

Last edited:

MadSpleen85

Any more pictures of the RAM mount, specifically at the back of the 106?

That RAM is an option I had not looked at. Looks pretty minimal while still getting the job done.

EDIT: Wow, thread from the dead. Circa 2010. Doesn't look like the OP has been online since September 2011.

Last edited:
sorry for the long delay in replying but life took priority, the paper was not to cover up the badge it was a at a glance list of my scan lists so i didn't have to look at the screen to change the list as i drove. the microscope as explained in earlier post was for a class anatomy and physiology. i don't have any more pictures of the ram mounting i used for the pro 106 as the ex wife has the car and the 200 or so dollars worth or mounting gear and antennas just "disappeared"
but i can say if your still interested i used the ram mount medium sized adjustable mounting. it came with several different sizes of fingers to grab on to the item of your choice and then with bolts able to form fit it to snugly hold it in place worked well only have to remove the belt clip so i would sit flat and i never had any problems with it moving around

Whiterabbit_medic

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Be careful with that cig lighter plug in your ford! Is that duct tape on it?
Hopefully you have a extinguisher close by? :(

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.