04-060

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Has anyone been listening to the RACOM system tonight? What talkgroup is 04-060, they keep refering to MMI. They almost sound like a repo company. They have been trying to get something back from a guy who is possibly drunk. Anyone know who (the talkgroup) this might be? I listen to RACOM quite a bit, but am not familiar with this one. They have been referring to Cedar Rapids and Linn Co. Mike

N0ZJT

Database Admin
I have been hearing this one for months now. I usually hear them on system 3 out of Waterloo. I still haven't identified the user.

Haley

At least I know I am not alone in hearing these guys. I will keep monitoring and post anything I can find out. I only hear them sporadically though. At least from my location, I seem to hear them much more at night. Mike

mikeydcg2003

I see that if i put it in, it converts it to decimal of 560. I will keep an eye out here in des moines to see if hear it

Last edited:

fireside

Premium Subscriber
04-060 is active this AM. They are talking about trailers. One guy asked for coffee for a trailer, then gave #. I'am hearing them on the Marshalltown RACOM site. If i had to guess,maybe some type of school, or gov. agency. Ok, just now talking about NCIS files and putting them in files. I wonder if its the ICE team in Waterloo? No,i would not think so.

Haley

Is it possible this could be some type of administrative or judicial team with the ICE raids. I know there are several different govt. agencies working on this thing (ICE, INS, U.S. Marshalls ect.) Along with what I heard the other night, maybe they werent trying to get something back, maybe they were trying to serve a warrant or something. On a side note I am getting the FT. Dodge Prison loud and clear right now (6pm). Let us know if you hear more Fireside, and I will keep monitoring. Mike

N0ZJT

Database Admin
It is very active this morning. Talk about trailers and paperwork/files. Also talk about getting people from hotels.

Unitrunker is showing the actual radio id's joining system 3, so I am guessing that means they are in the waterloo area. Also, my Unitrunker first logged the 560 talkgroup on Feb 28 and I see it has also logged talkgroups 561 and 562, starting May 12 and 13 respectively. In total, Unitrunker has logged about 21 different radios on this talkgroup.

EDIT: I just heard them say someone was in the Electric Park Ballroom, which is on the National Cattle Congress grounds. I think we can safely say this is judicial staff for the ICE raids.

Last edited:

Haley

Thanks for the update! Thats a lot of good info. Looks like they have been planning this raid for quite a while. Anyone else think there might be a few more? Mike

fireside

Premium Subscriber
Well we know where. Now for the who. I wonder if these are loaner radios? When this is all said and done 04-060 might pop up again for oh lets say a bike ride across Iowa. Which well be staying overnite in Toledo this year. The FRS freqs are fun to listen too. Good job egrams! You might have to check out the Cattle grounds and snoop around with a scanner.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
radio traffic

There has been traffic on this traffic for most of this year. Locations here were in Northwest Iowa and I have heard addresses in Waterloo and Cedar Rapids. I thought it might be State Revenue but with the catches recently maybe ICE is might be trying it out. Of course if they go for it, they will probably go for digital.

HeartThrobs

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing 04-060 periodically for a while and came to the conclusion when you hear numbers and an address in NE Iowa it is someone checking up on people on probation or parole. I came to this conclusion when they were talking about the group he had to visit that night. And based on them using the radios for court proceeding after the Postville ICE Raid it would be a solid guess that it would be the United States District Court - Northern District of Iowa

US District Court map of Northern Iowa divisions - http://www.iand.uscourts.gov/e-web/...4e4e6e8a522de129862566110065e12d?OpenDocument

Status
Not open for further replies.