1 second pulses 10.100 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericfurn

I am picking up pulses at 1 second intervals on 10.100 almost on top of DDK9 wx rtty. Kind of a bother.
Source?

Eric WA3UYI

ab5r

I would suspect that the band width of you receiver is too wide & interfered with the NIST Time signal at 10 Mhz. I cannot receive those WX signals here in North Texas anyway. BUT, that's my 2 cents worth.

Jerry AB5R

Token

Jerry, this is not an issue with a receiver being too wide or something like that, this is a real signal that has been being seen frequently for the last couple months. It has been seen in both 40 meters and in 30 meters, but it is almost certainly not a ham signal.

The signal is not on all the time, it just shows up every once in a while for a short period and then disappears. It has been discussed on the UDXF mailing list and been heard all across the US and Europe.

Here is a video of it in the 40 meter band last month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSP8pHtqOd4

T!

ericfurn

that's it

That is the same signal all right. May be used to sync data on a different freq? I never would have noticed it if it was not interfering with DDK9. Thanks.
Eric WA3UYI

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Jerry, this is not an issue with a receiver being too wide or something like that, this is a real signal that has been being seen frequently for the last couple months. It has been seen in both 40 meters and in 30 meters, but it is almost certainly not a ham signal.

The signal is not on all the time, it just shows up every once in a while for a short period and then disappears. It has been discussed on the UDXF mailing list and been heard all across the US and Europe.

Here is a video of it in the 40 meter band last month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSP8pHtqOd4

T!

Interesting stuff.

Since I'm not on that mailing list, care to share what some of the theories are about it's origin and use?

I can imagine using it as propagation/atmospheric testing, but then my mind kind of wanders off into other areas. The nature of it seems to suggest experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.