11175 KHz USB US Air Force GHFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

I was just thinking last night how they have really been active. I have scanner to listen too the localPD/FD with 311 popped in. I first noticed this past Sunday how they have been going so much.
What's 311? Pardon my ignorance

About every half hour I am hearing a transmission sending letters by voice. The audio sounds like the gain is set way too high and causing distortion and sort of a room echo effect. It is happening about 14 past the hour and about 44 past the hour.

The title should be 8.992 MHz.
Do you have PBTs on your receiver? I usually work their crap audio with PBTs and whatever filter fits their crap audio:D

Yeah you guys are catching end of Global Thunder 18 on HF.
Been busy last 5 days or so.
Your echo is most likely you receiving multiple worldwide stations on same freq but slight time delay due to distances between broadcast stations.
USSTRATCOM works with allies during Global Thunder 18 > U.S. Strategic Command > News Article View
Thanks Mark.

kma371

QRT
What's 311? Pardon my ignorance

Do you have PBTs on your receiver? I usually work their crap audio with PBTs and whatever filter fits their crap audio:D

Thanks Mark.

311 is likely 311.0 AM. Some EAMs get passed there by E6s , especially in the Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.